[New Plugin] MP-My Collection (1 Viewer)

jmhecker

Portal Member
January 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
To all of those asking if there is an update on this, I regret to say that at this point in time I am unable to proceed with the development of this plugin. The reasons for such a decision are as follows:

1: The wifey got pissed that I spent a lot of time on the computer :p
2: Lack of decent documentation on how to implement/use the MediaPortal GUI controls.

I spent a LOT of time digging through the code of other plugins (Moving Pictures mainly) to see how they went about doing the things that I am looking for help with, and I learned that digging through 100,000+ lines of code for the 1 line I need is next to impossible, even with a search function, heh.

I still have all of the source code for this, and once I get some more time, and the documentation improves (*hint*hint* to the devs/doc writers), I will continue the development.

bil1010105

Portal Member
April 24, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Would you consider publishing the source code or handing it over to someone else (or a group of people even?)? I'm a C# developer, though I've never found a good reason to write a Mediaportal plugin before, however your plugin is so useful and interesting in concept I would happily take it on - at least until you get more time / documentation. :)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    To all of those asking if there is an update on this, I regret to say that at this point in time I am unable to proceed with the development of this plugin. The reasons for such a decision are as follows:

1: The wifey got pissed that I spent a lot of time on the computer :p
    2: Lack of decent documentation on how to implement/use the MediaPortal GUI controls.

I spent a LOT of time digging through the code of other plugins (Moving Pictures mainly) to see how they went about doing the things that I am looking for help with, and I learned that digging through 100,000+ lines of code for the 1 line I need is next to impossible, even with a search function, heh.

I still have all of the source code for this, and once I get some more time, and the documentation improves (*hint*hint* to the devs/doc writers), I will continue the development.

See it that way: Their (other developers) wifes/girlfriends/boyfriends :p would also be pissed if they spent even more time in front of the computer writing docs and stuff. It's a curse with open source projects that everyone wants a good documentation but noone wants to write it ;).

It would be a shame to let your work go to waste so why don't you setup a google code account (takes 5 mins) and upload your sources to the svn? Other devs can have a look at the sources and maybe someone decides to continue/help on developing this plugin.

:D for your work and :sorry: @ your better half... ;)

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I also vote for uploading the source so that others may pick it up. I think there's a need for other 'collections' of media, specifically sports, that can be arranged in new ways. This work may support that or spawn other efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom