[New Plugin] MPRemote S - iPhone Remote Control Plugin (4 Viewers)

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    The "i" button doesn't seem to do the same as the "i" button on the media remote. On the media remote (in My TVSeries at least) when you are playing an episode and click the "i" button it opens the info window and then a second click open the context menu that your "i" button opens. I use this a lot so would love to see it work the same. :)

I would like to see a few customisable buttons and the ability to remove/add buttons from the display remote. E.g. i don't use mediaportal for watching TV so don't need the ch up and down buttons

These are both great suggestions. The i button should do the same as the remote and I also don't use MP for TV stuff, so changing/removing the buttons would be nice...

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2013
    Würzburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Dizzie,
    nice to hear it works now :)
    @Spaldo:
    Sounds interesting but shouldnt be related to the remote - as the WOL Message is only sent when u open the app and press on connect.
    Everything else happening is not related to the app as it is very limited. Try uninstalling the plugin and then watch if it still appears?
    The WOL is can't be disabled in the plugin as it is a feature of your network card and not a feature of the software.

Last edited:

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2013
    Würzburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, I did not that actively develop on the plugin the last weeks as I had private stuff to do and the graphics artist was busy as well.
    The question - now that we both have time again - is in which direction the development will go.
    To be honest, the sales of the app have dropped to zero. Maybe one unit per week is sold and that is really not a good motivation.
    I wonder myself if its because of a lack of features in the app or just the fact that its a paid app. Or do all ppl wait for EVE to be released? o_O

I was thinking about doing a universal app so it would natively run on iPad aswell and do some awesome stuff with media browsing.
    The streaming live tv feature got kicked out. I did a running protoype but I think ppl enjoy more youtube/VOD services/other channels instead of watching live tv.
    This post is not a post mortem on the app but I wanted to give the community a little overview how the status quo of the app looks like.

Don't count on any more releases this year as ppl has closed its gates for developers due to maintanance for until next year. During christmas I will develop and see in which direction it goes.

Chris

mh7916

January 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I've just installed this app and it looks great. But I have problem with double tap/back button. I'm not able to retur to previous screen. I have to go to home screen and navigte again.

Second little bit annoying thing is, that I have a lot of movies in my database and everytime when I'm scrolling one gesture up/down is exactly one line. I will spend life with going through my movies collection.

14.1.2014: My problems were solved by upgrading to 1.6.0

Last edited:

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2013
    Würzburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mh7916 - Are you sure you do the double tap correctly? Just fast two taps and then you should be able to navigate back.
    Btw. as wished by users, the upcoming version will have selectable classic navigation buttons or touch control. Update is coming soon (2014 :D ).

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    All we need in a phone remote is the ability to browse media remotely and start it playing on the client. Currently on iOS devices there is no app for this. Both MPRemote and CouchPotato are just basic remotes.

I'd love to be sitting outside on the deck in the sun with my outdoor speakers going and be able to navigate my library from MPRemote.

I believe Android users already have this ability and have had for some time. It's crazy with so many iOS users that nothing has been developed.

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2013
    Würzburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think this has not been done so far, as it is a lot of work. The EVE guys spent years with it and its still not finished.
    I would love to realize something like that (MediaBrowsing with MP) as I need it by myself. Unfortunately I lack of time in the last months
    as private stuff happened a lot :-/ I'll keep you updated - developed the last days a lot and results are soon to show off :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom