[New plugin] My Food - Pizza ordering (Sweden only) (1 Viewer)

eriksdam

Portal Member
June 2, 2009
Stuttgart, Germany
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Used to live in Denmark (now Germany), and I can only wonder about just-eat as well - there can't be that much work in it for them.

Anyway, hats waay off for a cool idea!

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks dnlar, this is great!

I'm using the StreamedMP skin and I think the Menu window is too small. It's not possible to see all the ingredients but there's lots of empty space available to the right. Why not make it fill the entire screen? :)
    Also it would be nice to see the price for the standard pizza right on the menu, just like on the web site.

dnlar

Portal Member
    March 11, 2009
    Kävlinge
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks dnlar, this is great!

I'm using the StreamedMP skin and I think the Menu window is too small. It's not possible to see all the ingredients but there's lots of empty space available to the right. Why not make it fill the entire screen? :)
    Also it would be nice to see the price for the standard pizza right on the menu, just like on the web site.

Hi,

Thanks for feedback. Yeah I agree on the Streamed skin. I haven't put much effort in polishing the GUI, and I think that, from all the skins supported, the Streamed looks the worse due to the narrow menu. Mostly I have used the standard GUI components and the listmenu is that narrow in the StreamedMP skin. If it is any comfort, the text in the menu should start scrolling if it does not fit.

To be honest I would really like to see some actual orders submitted before I put any more energy in this plugin. Right now there has not been a single order made from the 45 clients downloaded. Maybe the Swedish market for this is too small, or maybe people are experiencing problems they don't submit here. Either way, I will keep the StreamedMP in mind if I continue development.

br
    Daniel

marksteel

Portal Member
    February 23, 2008
    I use Just-eat.co.uk here in the UK. Would love to see this plugin work with that site. What kinda work would that site need to do in order for the plugin to work with them?

dnlar

Portal Member
    March 11, 2009
    Kävlinge
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I use Just-eat.co.uk here in the UK. Would love to see this plugin work with that site. What kinda work would that site need to do in order for the plugin to work with them?

Hi marksteel,

Technically they need to expose a programmers interface, api, at their web site, then the plugin can be modified to work with them too. But as stated above, there is more to it than the technical issue.

br
    Daniel

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm trying myFood with MP 1.1.0a SVN 23407. After launching I press Find Restaurants but I keep getting the error message "Sorry, I found no currently open restaurants delivering to your area". Searching onlinepizza.se manually I find several open restaurants. Did something change at the website or could it be MP 1.1a that's causing trouble?

dnlar

Portal Member
    March 11, 2009
    Kävlinge
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can confirm no restaurants are found any longer.
    I'll see if I can make a fix in a couple of days.

edit: Looks like Onlinepizza rebuilt the whole supplier list structure on their site. There is no quick fix for this. :(
    Please check this thread again in a couple of weeks, and I will try to have a new compliant plugin version ready for download.

Boogieman

Portal Member
    November 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    How awesome :D

Live in Malmö and will for sure install as soon as I get the time over to finalize my HTPC system :)

Awesome idea to add a "pizza pause" inbetween movies and what is neater than doing it from MP - my friends will be delighted :)
    Can maybe schedule the order so that it is ordered 15 min before end of movie :) (15 minuter en kvart ;) )

Maybe the addition of popcorn order from cinemas (my gf is crazy about their popcorn) :-D
    And "beer delivery" for the pizza or for the party :)

Superb idea
    Boogie

dnlar

Portal Member
    March 11, 2009
    Kävlinge
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Live in Malmö and will for sure install as soon as I get the time over to finalize my HTPC system :)

Awesome idea to add a "pizza pause" inbetween movies and what is neater than doing it from MP - my friends will be delighted :)
    Can maybe schedule the order so that it is ordered 15 min before end of movie :) (15 minuter en kvart ;) )

Maybe the addition of popcorn order from cinemas (my gf is crazy about their popcorn) :-D
    And "beer delivery" for the pizza or for the party :)

Superb idea
    Boogie

Thanks a lot Boogie. I'm sorry to say but onlinepizza.se has made some changes to the web site which the plugin depended heavily on. So right now the plugin is not working, it won't find any restaurants at all. And the worst thing is that I am really struggling to find motivation to rewrite the needed module since there has been so little actual ordering by the plugin during the previous months when it did work. Obviously the targetted segment was too narrow (Swedish Mediaportal users). But at least I got to try my idea and I appreciate the feedback from many of you. Perhaps eventually someone else will pick up the idea and make a more general and global solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom