NEW PROBLEMS! Since MS updates for some days ago MP hangs! (1 Viewer)

spraycleaner

Portal Member
December 25, 2004
When using radio sound/stataions playing music (with external player winamp) MP hangs .. does play but then frezes so that MP cant change to next track .. or radio station!

this occured since the MS update on the 18th of february ...

I have tried to uninstall the windows updates but now it still doesn work!

any ideas? will there be an update to MP soon?

ps: its not my machine I have 3 different and the problem startet nearly the same day!

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I have noticed some other people talking about ORB not working as it should with the lastest patches from MS... so there could be something to this. For me, I turn off all automatic updates. If something is going to be installed on my system... I make sure to check the fourms first, and then seach for problems with new patches. If everything seems safe I then patch windows. People with HTPC's that are working.... I suggest turning off automatic updates.... it will only cause problems.

spraycleaner

Portal Member
    December 25, 2004
    well system restore is a problem that never works for me and I just crashed 1 machine yesterday ;-(

turning MS updates OFF is not a solution in the long run... the problem must resides inside MP itself! everything works with sound/music from winamp, med.player etc.. but NOT from MP!

So I gues I have to wait for an update to MP on the myshare.de site ;.)

spraycleaner

Portal Member
    December 25, 2004
    I have found the solution!

So maybe either put this into sticky line... or sent this to those guys who is makin skins!

BECAUSE the problem dissappeared when running BLueskin again! I have used Freerskin and some others, first I thought it was an error in the danish language file but I'm running Danish menus AND the latest CVS build AND the latest MS updates AND IT WORKS NOW!

Its because I have shiftet back to the standard skin! So there maybe some errors in the other skins when using the newer CVS builds, as mentioned before it startet about the updates where new plugin graphic starts and the hauppauge PVR-150 card that I have it tells me to re-add the card because of some unknow errors - these CVS builds is arround mid january!

Tech Geek

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2006
    Denver, CO USA
    I had to switch to Blue 2 because of problems with other skins. I really don't care for that much blue on screen or the little ghost people but I'd rather have that than the bugs.

spraycleaner

Portal Member
    December 25, 2004
    well I know now that I sould allways only use the blueskin but before It was of some unknown reason never a problem :) never mind it works now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom