New projector only work with 3D SBS files in 1080i (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For 3D SBS movies I assume you should be able to play the movie without any special plugins, it's just that while the display is in 3D SBS mode the MP OSD + MP Menus will look wierd. The movies menus should look fine though.

I imagine you should be able to use MPAR to speed up a 24hz movie to 25fps so it can be played at 50i nice and smooth.

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Still, the projector can ONLY do SBS in 1080 50i/60i not in 1080P so i still need to manually switch the windows desktop to one of those solutions and turn off DRR before launching mediaportal to play the movie :(

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You can make a shortcut button in plugins / main menu that changes the screen refresh rate for you, just use something like multishortcut plugin or similar and run refresh rate changer from http://12noon.com/

For disabling DRR you might also be able to do this at the same time by making two copies of your configuration file and swapping them on the fly with a batch file launched via multishortcut. Not sure if this part would work though, first part would definitely work and you'd have to experiment with second part.

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You can make a shortcut button in plugins / main menu that changes the screen refresh rate for you, just use something like multishortcut plugin or similar and run refresh rate changer from http://12noon.com/

For disabling DRR you might also be able to do this at the same time by making two copies of your configuration file and swapping them on the fly with a batch file launched via multishortcut. Not sure if this part would work though, first part would definitely work and you'd have to experiment with second part.

Thanks. Its just still VERY manual :( This is in my opinion not a MP issue but i find it weird that Benq left out the possibility for 3D SBS in 1080P 24hz

anony

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2009
    Still, the projector can ONLY do SBS in 1080 50i/60i not in 1080P so i still need to manually switch the windows desktop to one of those solutions and turn off DRR before launching mediaportal to play the movie :(
    Im glad to report that Benq has supplied firmware 1.06 that now supports 3D SBS in 1080P 24hz among others :)

Can anyone comment on whether recent BenQ (or other) projectors still require switching to 1080i in order to play SBS content in MediaPortal?

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Now we just need mediaportal to be able to choose the 3D track from a Bly-ray ISO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom