New projector only work with 3D SBS files in 1080i (2 Viewers)

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Thanks Sebastiii. I found that also and I am in contact with the author.

I guess the best solution would be a filter that converts SBS to Top/bottom format with frame packing. Is that even possible? That way the content would be kept at 24P and can be displayed on the projector. I assume that if we change the resolution to 1080i 50/60hz the content will stutter as it originally is 24hz?

Here is what the projector i capable of.

w1070_3D.JPG

C:\Users\jmj\Pictures\w1070_3D.JPG

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Converting from SBS to TAB with frame packing would be theoretically possible, but the problem is the PC graphics adapter, because TAB frame packing needs a hdmi signal with a resolution of 1920 x 2205 pixel. I don't know if there is a graphics adapter that can handle that, i.e. the graphics adapter must support frame packing. If that would be possible, the graphics core of MediaPortal has to support that.

I think it's better to use the SBS format without frame packing. Makes life easier :)
    On the other hand frame packing would allow automatic switch to 3D wheras for SBS most devices have to be switched manually...

Give me some time, I will check source code if the Auto3D plugin can handle that somehow...

Last edited:

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Awesome. Thanks alot :)

but am I right that switching to 1080i 50/60 hz will make the movie slighty studder as it is supposed to be displayed at 24hz. So converting to TAB and keep 24hz will be the ideal solution albeit harder to implement.

/Jacob

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Yep it should stutter but if you use MPAR it should fix it :)

Indeed it will fix the stuttering, but it will introduce the incorrect playback rate as a side effect (1.04...x speedup for 23.976 on 50Hz).

Windows 8 + DirectX 11.1 have frame packing support, but it would require quite many changes to the MP (EVR renderer needs to be replaced :)).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    On my side i didn't use it Bitstream now with MPAR :) but all PCM and it works fine (in wasapi ofc) but tourettes can tell more :)

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Last edited:

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    OK. So finally got this projector setup and have started playing around with it. If i use mediaportal to play a 3D SBS movie it switches to 24hz which it is supposed to do. The problem is that in 1080P 24hz im only able to chose "top/bottom" or "framepacking" in the projectors 3D options. Side by side is greyed out in this resolution :(

If i turn off DRR in mediaportal and manually set my windows resolution to 1920x1080 50i/60i I am now able to play a 3D SBS movie in mediaportal where the projector now allows me to switch to "side by side" mode and now everything is fine except now the movie is playing at the wrong refresh rate :(

The are 2 options which would make this projector work in 3D mode in mediaportal.

1. A plugin that detect the 3D SBS movie and play it in its native 24hz but converted to "framepacking" mode. This is the ideal solution but I dont know if its possible?

2. A plugin that detects the 3D SBS movie, overrides DRR and switches the resolution to 1920x1080 50i/60i. This will work but with slight stutter because of the refreshrate now being wrong :(

I wish Benq would release a firmware update where the projecter is able to play 1080P 24hz in SBS mode.

What are your thought?

Regards
    Jacob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom