[Pending] - new recordingoption to record only new episodes - even if you delete old shows | Page 2

Discussion in 'Submit: code patches (MediaPortal/TV-Server/etc.)' started by disaster123, June 11, 2011.

1. disaster123
    • Premium Supporter

disaster123 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +431 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    AW: new recordingoption to record only new episodes - even if you delete old shows

You're correct. But MP isn't so flexible right now and the TVenginge isn't too. So if we want to have all variants i need to create 3-4 new recordingoptions. But you're correct and that is how I like it ;-)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Edalex
    • Premium Supporter

Edalex Community Plugin Dev

Ratings:
    +1,229 / 9
    Home Country:
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Show System Specs
    Basically, if all recordings are managed by mp-tvseries is should be possible to realize your option.
    It's not so hard to get unlocal episodes for selected tv show from mp-tvseries (i have a code sample). But I think for this purpose program database should have tvdbid/tvrageid field which could be filled during epg grabbing internally or by your episodescanner.

4. disaster123
    • Premium Supporter

disaster123 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +431 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    AW: new recordingoption to record only new episodes - even if you delete old shows

You're right but then we have a dependency between TV-Server and MP TvSeries not a good idea. Also what about client- / server setups?

5. Edalex
    • Premium Supporter

Edalex Community Plugin Dev

Ratings:
    +1,229 / 9
    Home Country:
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Show System Specs
    Re: AW: new recordingoption to record only new episodes - even if you delete old show

We need client/server mp-tvseries for this :)
    I think the best way is to extend epg database with tv series info. I even did something like this long time ago.
    But I hnave no idea how to manage tv show episodes. Maybe new table in tvdatabase filled iwth tv show info could help.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!