New Release? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregmac45

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
AZ, USA
I was planning on releasing a new version of this plugin but I'm not sure if this plugin is still needed. There are now plugins for the most used "sites" of the OnlineVideos plugin such as youtube and apple trailers. Is there still a need for this plugin?

sand

Portal Pro
January 15, 2007
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
all sites at one place...
i would say definitely needed..

thanks,
sand

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I must admit i only use youtube, but I still consider the gui of this plugin better than the myYoutube plugin.

samundsen

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
Houston, TX
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I still use this plugin for YouTube and CNN, especially CNN. I used to use it for MSNBC when it was working. I'd say PLEASE release a new version.

clobber

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
I'm wondering if it would be easier to support if you trimmed it down to 5(ish) sites? Youtube, CNN, ?, ?. I personally use it only for CNN. Of course, then you'll probably start getting tons of requests to add more sites....

joharalam

Portal Member
January 6, 2008
Home Country
Indonesia Indonesia
This plugin is actually the only 'real' reason I'm using MediaPortal, the "All In One" is the best way to go as far as I'm concerned.
So PLEASE release a new version. Pretty Please :)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Oh god yes.... Youtube, CNN, MSNBC, Google Video... You got it sorted... The good thing about google video is that it has full length films... This plugin in combination with Joost TV, and Miro for a back end request system is WebTV heaven... Bye Bye Sky! :)

Oh and what I love with this plugin is internal codec support, allows me to upscale all content, the CNN stuff looks almost as good as my sky box...

PLease please please!!!!! I agree with the keep it small, no more than 10 or so sites... Much easier to maintain..

gregmac45

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
AZ, USA
Looks like there is still interest in this plugin so I will work releasing a new version. I think the idea of having a smaller set of sites is a good one. I will need your help in determining which sites should be included. I may also provide additional sites through a seperate download. Maybe some other developers will release code for even more sites. Anybody willing to help with the skin/GUI for this plugin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom