Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyscha

Portal Pro
May 2, 2007
Iowa
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for deciding to rls a new version. I vote for some Hulu support.
Plus one for Hulu

There is no other site I'd like to add more than Hulu. Unfortunately I haven't found a player that will play Hulu's RTMP streams.

I havent traced back the old post, but assuming your the coder on onlinevideos, does HULU use a special flash that does Real Time Streaming? Anything I could help with? I am an C# coder, maybe not an expect but have some knowledge... atleast I like to think I do.. hehe :D

gregmac45

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
AZ, USA
Plus one for Hulu

There is no other site I'd like to add more than Hulu. Unfortunately I haven't found a player that will play Hulu's RTMP streams.

I havent traced back the old post, but assuming your the coder on onlinevideos, does HULU use a special flash that does Real Time Streaming? Anything I could help with? I am an C# coder, maybe not an expect but have some knowledge... atleast I like to think I do.. hehe :D

I'm by no means an expert either. I picked up C# programming just so I could write Mediaportal plugins.

I have tried to play a Hulu video using players that supposedly support RTMP like the latest VLC player and JW FLV player (JW FLV Media Player | LongTail Video) but none of them will play it. XBMC has a hulu plugin now. I looked at the python code and they are setting the hulu swf player as a parameter on the xbmc built-in player. I'm guessing that's how they are able to play hulu videos.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Oh it is so good to see some interest back in this plugin.... Yeah really is needed as Joost TV is no longer so there goes most of my HTPC content... Yeah I reakon Voah would be a good one to get back, that site has a good amount of content.. Google video is also good... Thanks again man for jumping back in... If there is any thing I can do, beta testing or a little skin design, more than happy.. Thanks

clobber

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
In was inevitable. Earlier in this thread I suggested trimming down the number of supported sites, but I did point out people would start asking for more. Now it's me! How about tvshack.net? It seems kinda like hulu and works internationally.

thanks!

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi gregmac45,

thank you for you nice plugin. I just would have one small wish:

Can you add support for the videolan plugin? There is only a small change needed

for example I changed like this to use the vlc plugin to play youtube flvs

//g_Player.PlayVideoStream(lsUrl, foListItem.Title);
g_Player.Play(lsUrl,g_Player.MediaType.Video);

Have a merry Christmas.

Regards
kroko

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    As pointed out in the previous tread it would be nice if you would allow skinners to place content of filmstrip/list/icons differently. Which is impossible as things are now, because you access the id's of the labels.

gregmac45

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2006
    AZ, USA
    As pointed out in the previous tread it would be nice if you would allow skinners to place content of filmstrip/list/icons differently. Which is impossible as things are now, because you access the id's of the labels.

I'll be glad to change the code but I'm not quite sure what you mean. Can you give me an example?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yeah :)

In this code:

<control>
    <type>label</type>
    <id>23</id>
    <label></label>
    </control>

Instead of

GUIControl.SetControlLabel(0, 23, "Here's the text");

try using

GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#mylabel", "Here's the text");

Consider this a suggestion...take a look at how Moving Pictures or MesFilm are coded. You can download the sourcecode for the both of them.

This way I can have four labels on the screen, differently placed and with conditional visibility.

Happy coding :p

mightysween

Portal Member
    December 26, 2008
    I have tried to play a Hulu video using players that supposedly support RTMP like the latest VLC player and JW FLV player (JW FLV Media Player | LongTail Video) but none of them will play it. XBMC has a hulu plugin now. I looked at the python code and they are setting the hulu swf player as a parameter on the xbmc built-in player. I'm guessing that's how they are able to play hulu videos.

Correct, using the Hulu SWF is about the only way to do this. Their SWF contains (among other things) all of the controls for playback including setting resolution (SD/HD) and playing in Full Screen. Trying to extract stream addresses is fruitless and unecessary...let's just plop it into a Flash container and it should work fine in MP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom