New router blocking MP tv server (1 Viewer)

johnwoots

Portal Member
March 17, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
ive had my own netgear router with my old talktalk internet package, and yesterday changed over to sky with a new router.
Straight away my tv won't work saying no free tuner available. Even though the EPG works fine.
I've played around with the settings in the new router settings but with no luck and I'm unable to use my own netgear router as sky do not provide all the info I need (including the PPPoE details).
Further to this I can't open MP tv server configuration either.

The simple solution would be for sky to tell me the info I need , but having looked into it, they won't !

I'm assuming it's the router as the problems started as soon as I replaced it but if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    As the router has changed (which is highly likely to be the DHCP server as well), Windows probably thinks it's on a new network so check that that the current network is set to 'private' not 'public' (which has more stringent fire-walling).

If that doesn't fix it then go into the firewall settings and make sure MediaPortal and TV service etc. are not being blocked by the firewall.

johnwoots

Portal Member
    March 17, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks I will give it a try.
    I hear also that there is an issue with the Mediaportal TV server (my version is 1.6) that it will not take another IP address? (as in having a new router) My Tv server is simply called TV server and not an ip address so would this still be the case?

My windows firewall is completely turned off for the process of elimination, but I will check my other firewall program.

rich76

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Sounds more likely your local IP address has changed when changing routers. If you can remember what IP your server was when using your old router set your server to that IP by static IP on the server. The new routers range might of changed ie 192.168.0.XX to 192.168.1.XX if that's the case your need to change it within the new routers settings.

This is just a guess but logs would give the real reasons.

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom