New skin for CRT's (1 Viewer)

Verbal

Portal Member
October 14, 2005
almost done

I haven't fallen off the earth. I'm almost done with the CRT-based skin which is tentatively called xlab (for some bizarre reason the green bar didn't get picked up in the screenshot for some reason, but it is there)

xlab1.JPG

Some people suggested more subtle gradients in the background, but frankly I'm of the opinion that on a TV, where detail is limited, the gradient just become optical clutter, so I'm ditching them.

Question:

The font I used is called Myriad Web. Does everyone have to have this font for the skin to work? Or will the skin work as long as I pack the /fonts cache folder with it?

I am almost done the other screens. For albums and videos, the thumbs are about 50% larger (from 62px to 90px). I might have screenshots of these later tonight.

I've learned a lot about skinning in this process, so if anyone has questions about it, I might be able to help.

Verbal

Portal Member
October 14, 2005
follow up question:

Does anyone know how to remove the text from under the thumbnail images? I have a workaround/hack that gets the job done, but I'd like to know if theres a proper way to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom