New skin parameter #MovingPictures.Movie.playing.imdb_id needed / ClearArt support (1 Viewer)

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, I'm using the DVDArt plugin to download ClearLogos for my movies, and I added some code to see the logos in the video OSD. In picture 1 e.g for "12 angry men".

22-49-58.png

But when I leave MovingPictures and go to MP-TVSeries, which is also has support for clearart, the logo from the last played movie is still there. So the skin parameter #MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.imdb_id has still a value (in this case tt0050083).

22-37-43.png

So we need a new parameter like #MovingPictures.Movie.playing.imdb_id which show the imdb id for the currently playing movie and when no movie is played, there is no id. Or a parameter similar to "#TVSeries.Play.ClearArt" which shows direct the ClearArt for currently playing movie.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Make a seperate clearart skin entry then for MovPic then has a visibility condition to that makes sure it is only shown when MovPic is active

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a separate entry:
    Code:
        <control>
          <description>TVSeries ClearArt</description>
          <type>image</type>
          <id>0</id>
          <posX>950</posX>
          <posY>425</posY>
          <width>300</width>
          <height>300</height>
        <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
        <align>right</align>
          <texture>..\..\..\thumbs\MovingPictures\DVDArt\FullSize\#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.imdb_id.png{</texture>
        </control>

But I could need same help with the visible condition. What I have to put in for showing only if MovPic is active?

Thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    To ensure a plugin is installed you use:

<visible>plugin.isenabled(Moving Pictures)</visible>

But that would still be 'true' even when you are inside MP-TVSeries with MovPic running, so you have to check to see if MovPic has one of their skin values configured.

Example: <visible>string.equals(#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.title,)</visible>

which compares "#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.title" to (nothing) to make sure it is empty.. if that's the case result is 'true' and it would then activate your skin element.

You can then combine that to for example: <visible>plugin.isenabled(Moving Pictures)+string.equals(#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.title,)</visible>

Though that might simply be redundant the way this system works.

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, but #MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.title is also inside TVSeries empty. The ClearArt is also shown there.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, well then you will have to like do what I've done and that is to just print out all the skin vars of each plugin and see which ones you can use (the one that only has certain contents you can verify on in the state you want to check for)

You can also go reverse about it. The MP-TVSeries clearart system is more integrated in code, so you can do a negative comparison, i.e.:

<visible>!string.equals(#TVSeries.Play.ClearArt,)</visible>

So you then show it only when TVS is not. Of course this might not work proper if that value is not set on a TVS show that doesn't have clearart, so your best bet is to go over all the plugin skin vars to find one you can use that indicates what plugin initiated the playback so you can refer to it in videoFullScreen.xml (pretty sure that is where you are putting your code in)

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just found out the same:

I found a way:
    Code:
    <visible>string.equals(#TVSeries.Play.ClearArt,)</visible>

Only show ClearArt for MovingPictures when no ClearArt from TVSeries is shown.[DOUBLEPOST=1350671351][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, you are right. With no TVSeries clearart this will not work.

And yes in videoFullScreen.xml and videoOSD.xml

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For StreamedMP I found a working solution:
    Code:
    <visible>string.contains(#Play.Current.Thumb,MovingPictures)</visible>

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    For StreamedMP I found a working solution:
    Code:
    <visible>string.contains(#Play.Current.Thumb,MovingPictures)</visible>

Awesome you got it to work, if it passes all the testing be sure to share the end result with other skin developers (they might not all read this thread) so more users can enjoy it.

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately to chose the Clearart with #MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.imdb_id is not error free.

When you start a movie, everything is fine. (1.) But when you leave the fullscreen but to not stop the film (with Esc e.g.) then you select another film from the list (2.) and go back to the fullscreen to the current running film, then you get the clearart from the film you switched back to fullscreen and not the running. (3.)

So we need #MovingPictures.PlayingMovie.imdb_id or similar.

Attachments

• 1.png
      1.png
      1.4 MB
    • 2.png
      2.png
      1.1 MB
    • 3.png
      3.png
      919.3 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread