New Skin - what do you want? (1 Viewer)

Boris

Portal Pro
June 5, 2005
France
wierdnatox said:
I like the simplicity of mce, but would prefer it in black or maybe red, but my biggest gripe with it is that it's not very readable on a 720/576 widescreen TV. I think the fonts need to be bigger (feel free to tell me I can change this already) . My wife's comments have always been that she prefers the TV guide and OSD on Sky, so maybe that's what skin designers are up against.

Whatever you do I'd be interested to see it anyway. MP needs more skins IMO. :)

I second the fact that it is not very readable ! Bigger font is the first think I hipe to have. I use the mce one too :)

Dazzyb2K3

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
London, UK
@ Boris and wierdnatox:

With you all the way on this one - am going blind tring to read the small fonts on my TV

am currently using Blue Two but only because this is the only stable one on my system but I like the MCE skin best and would like to see something themed around this.

My ideal would be to make it as clear and uncluttered as possible. Readable fonts and chunky icons. Colour choice is also important - needs to be contrasting but not to in your face. Greys and blues work well. I'm also not too fussed about special effects and transitions. Give me snappy performance anyday.

Very interesting to see how this one develops
:)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Dazzyb2K3 said:
    ...am going blind tring to read the small fonts on my TV...

Dazzyb2K3 - I'd like to know what resolution you are sending to your TV, how you are sending video to TV, what size your TV screen is, plus what is screen ratio (4:3/16:9).

Mike

Dazzyb2K3

Portal Member
    June 27, 2005
    London, UK
    lol, this was maybe a litte exagerated but the fonts are very hard to read. It's definately to do with the small size as the fonts are sharp enough - just too small.

I'm using Svideo TV out from my FX5200. This is connected to scart on my std 4:3 Sony 28" TV via fully wired gold plated cable. I'm using 800 X 600 res. I've tried the reccomended PAL resolution 720x576 but there was no difference in quality/size and my setup seems happier in 800 X 600.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Dazzyb2K3 said:
    lol, this was maybe a litte exagerated but the fonts are very hard to read. It's definately to do with the small size as the fonts are sharp enough - just too small.

I'm using Svideo TV out from my FX5200. This is connected to scart on my std 4:3 Sony 28" TV via fully wired gold plated cable. I'm using 800 X 600 res. I've tried the reccomended PAL resolution 720x576 but there was no difference in quality/size and my setup seems happier in 800 X 600.

You may have to edit (or wait for someone else) one of the skins. I have seen in this thread that Coone has started to work on solving, I believe, the same problem you are reporting on.

Mike

Jean-Max

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2004
    FRANCE
    TVKiwi said:
    I have been working on a Star Wars theme which although not for everyone is a bit of fun. .

like on my Philips Ipronto ? : ;)

is000032.jpg

Stinky

Portal Member
    May 31, 2005
    TVKiwi said:
    Also - I have been working on a Star Wars theme which although not for everyone is a bit of fun. On the home page I have R2D2 projecting holograms of the hover icons with the deathstar in the background and I have tried to make buttons to match. I have a good collection of sound effects to incorporate from the movies - such as lasers / doors openning etc.

This would be so cool to see... Do you have any previews available? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom