New system works with EVR, not VMR9 (1 Viewer)

clobber

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 Beta
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD 705e
HDD: 2 x 1TB WD Green
Memory: 4Gb Gskill
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H (rev. 1.0)
Video Card: IGP
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: PVR-150
1. TV Card Type: Analog
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion Remote Black
Cooling: Coolermaster Geminii S
Power Supply: Corsair 450W
Remote: Hauppauge (PVR-150)
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Just built this system and everything is good. When I use VMR9 the audio plays, but the video is just a series of colored blocks that never changes. When I use EVR, everything seems to be good. Can anyone explain the difference and why it works or does not with XP SP3? My previous system was XP SP2 and I used VMR.

thanks

clobber

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Spragleknas,

Rgr that. Debug logs are now attached. For this set, I chose VMR in the configuration and then simply started Mediaportal in debug mode. Next I navigated to MY TVSeries, picked one video to play. The audio came through, but the video was just static colored blocks. Then I stopped the video and chose a second video with the same results. According to GSpot, both videos are Xvid and use the avi container. Both videos play just fine using both VLC and Windows Media Player. I set up all my codecs using the Media Portal Codec Guide at here. Note, I also have the exact same problem with H.264 encoded mkv videos.

Using EVR produces quite a bit of tearing on my system. I'd like to try VMR9 to see if I have better results.

thanks for the help,
-Ken

clobber

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Hmmm....

So videos play just fine using VMR9 outside of Mediaportal. I connected rendered a video using GraphStudio with the VMR9 render and it looked good. When I connected GraphStudio to MP playing the same video, the graph looked almost identical. The only difference was the VMR9 box had 4 inputs instead of 1. However, video still does not play correctly in MP.

Anyone?
Thanks!

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi.
    Could you link me to the codec guide you are referring to? (There are several).
    I think most ppl who gives SAF a try is really happy with the result. Did you try 'em?

(Although it is strange that it works in WMP and not MP)

clobber

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2008
    Spragleknas,

Sure, the link for Mediaportal Codec guide is:

Codec Guide

I was thinking of trying SAF, but it does not make any sense at the moment. Hmm....

clobber

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2008
    I think this might be the wrong driver from ATI. I've installed 9.9, but 8.6 something is showing up when I look up the version via the device manager. How do I get the 9.9 to properly install?

clobber

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2008
    Sp,

First time I have used ATI drivers and did not realize that version 9.9 actually means you'll get driver version 8.65 (when you check display properties in Device Manager). Got it sorted by reinstalling drivers.

GraphStudio has helped me sort out playing flash (flv) files. Now working on mp4/mov. Files play fine when downloaded, but not streaming (using OnlineVideos plugin)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Make sure Cyberlink is not selected as H264-codec in my videos. Try uning MPC codecs instead (since you've gone SAF)

deraaij

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 7, 2009
    Sp,

First time I have used ATI drivers and did not realize that version 9.9 actually means you'll get driver version 8.65 (when you check display properties in Device Manager). Got it sorted by reinstalling drivers.

GraphStudio has helped me sort out playing flash (flv) files. Now working on mp4/mov. Files play fine when downloaded, but not streaming (using OnlineVideos plugin)

Which driver are you using now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom