New to HTPCs here (1 Viewer)

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
December 21, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I will experiment with different skins, thank you.

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
December 21, 2015
Home Country
Is there a help for MKV Buddy? If I don't want to re-encode, but simply contain my mp4/avi/etc files into the MKV package, do I just use the simple "Wizards" tab?[DOUBLEPOST=1451405714][/DOUBLEPOST]MKV Buddy, when I rework a MP4 file, it changes the originals and the new file language (filename lanugage) to something other than English....? I am sure I have selected english as my default.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is there a help for MKV Buddy?
    Sorry, but I haven't found the time to re-write the manual. There only is one available for the old V1.x version... You can read a few tips in the forum thread.

Transcoding only happens if the average bitrate of the input video is above a given value that you can set in the Wizard GUI Window: There are values for various kind of input videos. SD, 720p (aka HD-Ready) 1080p (aka Full HD) and 4K (aka UHD). If you set those to a veeeeery high value (e.g One billion) you can be pretty sure that your videos never will be transcoded... All videos that are not supposed to be transcoded and not in an MKV container already will be remuxed into MKV containers then. MKV videos are simply copied as long as no optimization (removing of unneeded audio and/or subtitle tracks) is planed . Those optimizations are only possible while remuxing so in those cases videos even when in MKV container already will be remuxed nevertheless. But remuxing leaves the quality untouched and the needed time also is (nearly) identical to a simple copy
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Yes. You even can add those details in the file name too, if you like. As long as the tt number is there, all is fine...

Example: "Avatar DTS 1080p AVC h264 7.1 CC [tt0499549].mkv" also is working. Even "foo[tt0499549].mkv" did the trick. The "rest" of the file- name and path is ignored as long as there is a tt number available...

I'm not sure if this is general knowledge here, but I thought I would share.

(I reverted back to MP1, MP2 was too restrictive for me, I like more control and more options to customise, which I felt MP1 was easier to do than with MP2).

Using the MovingPictures & IMDb+ plugins for MP1, even if I don't use these " [ ] " around the tt number, the tt number is recognised without a problem. So if I do "Test Episode tt12345" it is the same as "Test Episode [tt1235]".

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    In the Moving Pictures config thingy there is an option for the genres categories (sorry - not near my HTPC to tell you the extact option but it is at the top!), uncheck this and it will show you all your movies :)
    For the autonaming of movies I use this: http://www.missingremote.com/sites/default/files/yammm_setup_w8_13_10_26_0827.exe
    It's great though not sure if it's Win10 compatible.
    Just drop your movie in to the folder, named something like - MovieName (year) - and it will do the rest...

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    The autonaming of movies, is that from IMDb with the tt number?

Thank you for your help.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    You can use the TT number if you wish - but naming the movie 'Avatar (2009)' (no quotes) would be sufficient for this to id the movie and work it's magic.
    As would tt0499549

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom