New to Media Portal (1 Viewer)

Wilma Fingerdo

December 10, 2018
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello Media Portal people! I was running windows 7 box with Silicone Dust tuner & WMC. Worked great for many years. I tried KODI but didn't really like some of the things about it. I am running MP2 and love it. Not liking how it works with Windows 10.

Today windows decided to update some of its drivers and now audio is out of sync with video, long delay in starting live video. Is there some sort of a install thread or tutorial that talks about the codecs and which are best for playing video, recording, configuration of everything?

I love the way MP2 just seems to work well for the most part, just requires some tweaking and configuration that a noob like me needs to learn.

I did get the EPG to work with the instructions from the threads and google (using schedules direct).

If anyone has a similar setup, I would love to know how some others got everything working! I am also struggling with an easier way to delete the recordings in bulk, cant figure out how to do it easily!

Thanks again for all your input. Love this software, just need to learn how to configure it better!

Hardware software:
Windows 10x64 v1809
Silicone dust HD Homerun Connect
AMD video card with 2 outputs (one for the amplifier, one for the TV)
Sound running through video card
Schedules Direct for EPG

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

just requires some tweaking and configuration that a noob like me needs to learn.
    I am glad that you were able to find your way around (y)

Today windows decided to update some of its drivers and now audio is out of sync with video, long delay in starting live video
    I see. A log may shed some more light on this. See Bug Reports and Log Files for details. You may also consider to fill in your System Spec information:System Specs.
    Verify that Windows did not override your AMD video driver. The Windows drivers are not always up-to-date, although they are supposed to come from the hardware manufacturers.

Is there some sort of a install thread or tutorial that talks about the codecs and which are best for playing video, recording, configuration of everything?
    We use LAV as the standard for everything and I assume that you selected LAV for both audio and video player in the codecs settings. Setup of LAV, particularly hardware support can depend on your individual situation, therefore it is difficult to say "do this and that". You can always post a screenshot of your settings for crosschecking with other users.

Wilma Fingerdo

December 10, 2018
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you for the reply. It looks like a codec mess. the LAV audio decoder / playback has a -350 delay on the audio on one set of channels and is +150 on the others lol. Thats so strange! I didn't have time to mess with it much yesterday but I was able to see where the problems are more.

Updated drivers for AMD Radeon V5800 but still no hardware enc / dec support in the driver I installed, it looks like its separate for this card and not default install. When I have ran into this before, its almost easier in terms of time and frustration just to use a card that is more modern. This card is most likely from 2009 (ish) and was GREAT back then, but now, its value is around $50 or less.

I think the drivers are just too old for Windows 10 to work correctly. I'll update when I have more info about the issue and more time to work on these things.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom