New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG (2 Viewers)

Kyle S.

Portal Member
December 29, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, I like this tool. I am using it to get recorded shows cleanly imported into TV-Series.

Have a problem with "double episodes", and need a little episode substitution help.

The shows in the EPG is actually two "shorts" and the TVDB only lists the shorts individually.
example:
[Tue Dec 2 06:09:06 2014] Episode: George's Photo Finish; Monkey Mystery Gift
[Tue Dec 2 06:09:06 2014] Series in Cache as unknown George's Photo Finish; Monkey Mystery Gift

episode 1 is George's Photo Finish
episode 2 is Monkey Mystery Gift.

I would like to just chop off everything after the ; and allow the scanner to just tag the entire show as episode 1.

I believe substitutions would work good here.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    It's been a while and I don't know if you're even supporting this any more. As you can tell, I'm still using an OLDER version of your program BECAUSE IT WAS STILL WORKING! As I look on page 1 I see there are newer versions. I'll try them, but attached is a file I got from the debug. An error about line 187 is chronic.

Thoughts? More to come...

Attachments

• log REDUCED.txt
      975.9 KB

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    I updated to the latest version and still get this prominent error:

[Tue Apr 7 20:03:58 2020] junk after document element at line 1, column 49918, byte 49928 at D:/EPGFOR~1/COMBIN~1/V1_7_2/EPISOD~1/lib/std/XML/Parser.pm line 187
    [Tue Apr 7 20:03:58 2020] TheTVDB Backend failed with unknown ERROR. Please run debug.bat and post your Log to forum.
    [Tue Apr 7 20:03:58 2020] junk after document element at line 1, column 49918, byte 49928 at D:/EPGFOR~1/COMBIN~1/V1_7_2/EPISOD~1/lib/std/XML/Parser.pm line 187
    [Tue Apr 7 20:03:58 2020] NOTHING FOUND => The Jeff Foxworthy Show Jeff & Ray & Rascal's Big Adventure

Attachments

• log REDUCED.txt
      975.9 KB

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    can somebody tell me what I do wrong in my bat file for rewriting the names in the database because all entries with "umlaute" (ä,ü,ö) won't be chanced. Especially because of CSI: Vegas and Bones on thetvdb...episodescanner didn't found anything...even if the german long name is available as alias on the tvdb.

Code:
    C:
    cd "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin"
    mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET episodeNum='' WHERE episodeNum!='' AND seriesNum=''
    mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET title='Bones' where title='Bones - Die Knochenjägerin';"

mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET episodeNum='' WHERE episodeNum!='' AND seriesNum=''
    mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET title='CSI: Den Tätern auf der Spur' where title='CSI: Vegas';"

mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET title='Law and Order: SVU' where title='Law & Order: Special Victims Unit';"

mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET title='CSI: Den Tätern auf der Spur' where title='CSI - Den Tätern auf der Spur';"

mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET title='CSI: New York' where title='CSI:NY';"
    C:
    cd "C:\Users\Annemarie\Downloads\episodescanner\episodescanner"
    bin\episodescanner.exe

I've been reading and see you are (unknowingly using) syntax is sloppy. You only need ONE of the SET episodeNum!= lines above as it is a repeated command every time after the first. Moreover, there is no ;" (that's semicolon double-quote) following the end of the line to complete the phrase as you have properly included on the SET commands adjusting titles within your database (in an attempt for TheTVDB to properly identify the program). The blank lines do nothing other than provide for readability but are NOT necessary. BTW, this font makes it extremely difficult to identify two single-quotes from a single double-quote! It is critical they be used correctly though!

cd C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin
    mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET episodeNum='' WHERE episodeNum!='' AND seriesNum='';"
    mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET title='Bones' where title='Bones - Die Knochenjägerin';"
    mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET title='CSI: Den Tätern auf der Spur' where title='CSI: Vegas';"
    mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET title='Law and Order: SVU' where title='Law & Order: Special Victims Unit';"
    mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET title='CSI: Den Tätern auf der Spur' where title='CSI - Den Tätern auf der Spur';"
    mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET title='CSI: New York' where title='CSI:NY';"
    C:
    cd C:\Users\Annemarie\Downloads\episodescanner\episodescanner
    bin\episodescanner.exe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom