New toy: Asrock ION 330 (1 Viewer)

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Hi Vasilich! Good to hear from you, hope you're fine!
I didn't know you have an ION330. Well, this makes me wonder if I really want to upgrade, sorry to be correct, downgrade, my system. atm I have the system that is listed in my system specs, but that one is a little bit overkill in terms of power consumptions, but at least I have perfect performance without any compromise or anything.
Thought that the dual core Atom is still powerful enough to deal with the GUI and that the ION is fine for all the 1080p/i materials (mkv, bluray, live HD TV).
My integrated Radeon 4200HD is completely fine, no need for stronger GPU.

Guess I was wrong, but many thanks for your help!
It might be a good solution for a Linux based xbmc/kodi build, like OpenElec, but not for Win7+MP.

So your recommendation regarding the ION330 is not recommended? :)

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Hi Vasilich! Good to hear from you, hope you're fine!
thanks, i'm fine. Just get much less time for developing (if at all). Hope you are fine too.
So your recommendation regarding the ION330 is not recommended?
if you can get it for free - then grab it and use with W7+MP, as it is still capable of handling liveTV 1080i, though does it on its limit. TVSetup takes 50 seconds to open all scanned tv channels (i have 2.7k channels, but on my 4core phenom from 2009 it takes 22 seconds).
But not invest any money in such an old hardware; better to take more recent intel i3 - it will perform much better even in low TDP variant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom