[Approved] New UPC digital cable TV tuning parameters file for Dublin, Ireland... (1 Viewer)

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi,

I have create a tuning parameters file for the DVB-C UPC digital cable TV offering, which I have uploaded for evaluation. I've tested the file and while it seems all the channels are located correctly, as I don't have a valid subscription I can't confirm that the channels are tuned correctly. Also as I am in Dublin I am not sure this file will work in other UPC cabled areas around the country, so if someone can test for other areas such as Cork, Waterford, Limerick etc. that'd be great.

Thanks all...

Attachments

• Ireland.Dublin-UPC.xml
      2.1 KB

FixitFelix

Portal Member
    September 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Have an enigma 2 cable box mate trying to set it up with upc is the only file I will need?? Or do I need some other file like an mg_cfg??
    Cheers

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Have an enigma 2 cable box mate trying to set it up with upc is the only file I will need?? Or do I need some other file like an mg_cfg??
    Cheers

Hi @FixitFelix , I don't believe that this file will work with an Enigma 2 box, I have no idea, I wouldn't imagine so. This tuning file is for Mediaportal running on a Windows HTPC. I believe that the Enigma 2 software is for Linux based systems only.

FixitFelix

Portal Member
    September 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Oh right cheers mate trying to setup my cable box for upc don't know what files I need, I've done it on satellite but never cable

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Oh right cheers mate trying to setup my cable box for upc don't know what files I need, I've done it on satellite but never cable

I'm sure that a full scan will get all the channels for you, however this would depend on your hardware, does you box have a DVB-C tuner card? I know, for example, the Amiko Alien 2+ has one, along with 2 DVB-S2 tuner cards. However, if you have a HTPC, I would suggest that installing Mediaportal is the way to go.

Best of luck...

FixitFelix

Portal Member
    September 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Yeah my tuner had one dvb-s2 tuner and one dvb-c tuner but hasn't gout the capabilities of doing a blind scan si would I just need the symbol rate or something for dublin? Sorry for all the questions

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Yeah my tuner had one dvb-s2 tuner and one dvb-c tuner but hasn't gout the capabilities of doing a blind scan si would I just need the symbol rate or something for dublin? Sorry for all the questions

That's alright, I'm happy to help. Could you tell me, what is your hardware setup, do you have a HTPC or is this a third party box? Regarding the symbol rates etc., download the file in this thread and open it using Notepad++ or something similar and I'm sure you'll find what you need.

FixitFelix

Portal Member
    September 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Cheers mate the box I have is a gigablue se hd combo running vix image on enigma 2, are the frequencies in the file all the ones I will need

Last edited:

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    @FixitFelix, ah right, it's an interesting route you've decided to go down. Yep, the file contains all the frequencies you'll need for UPC digital TV channels. Be aware, I believe you'll also need a valid UPC subscription, card and CAM. Best of luck again...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom