New User Having problem Recording Live TV (2 Viewers)

nipper575

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Home Country
Hi Guys.

I'm a first time MediaPortal user, It is working perfectly except for the live tv record and timeshift functions.

I can watch live tv without any problem, but when I try to record or timeshift, the program hangs and I have to force quit to get out of it. I have Vista 64 Ultimate, VMC or PVR2 (DTV1000 S tuner) have no trouble recording but I prefer MP due to it's customisable features.

If I leave the program going, after around 2 minutes I get audio back, and after roughly the same time again I get video back but MP is still not responding.

Here is a short video indicating my problem.

Please ask me anything you want to know in regards to my setup as I am a novice with MP, I have probably done something stupid without knowing.

Please give me a hand, no suggestion will go unnoticed, I have run out of ideas and I would love to get this functioning.

nipper575

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Home Country
Thanks for the link. So is this saying that this feature is fixed in MP 1.0.2? Does this mean that I need to wait untill MP 1.0.2 in released? If so then that's fine as it is worth waiting for. I can just use VMC to record tv for the time being.

Does that also apply to recording live tv as when I record live tv, it does the same thing as what happens when I time shift.

nipper575

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Home Country
Not to worry, I have found a workaround that will get me by.

I originally didn't want to set up a tv server on my htpc as my htpc is the only pc in the house that needs access to the tuner. By setting up the TV server and using the MP Client to view it, I can record and timeshift perfectly. I suppose this is the way the program was intended to be used, I just think that it is a strange way of going about it as I now have two programs (MP & TV service) to achieve what MP should be able to in the first place.

Anyway it makes no difference in the end as it works like it is meant to and I am happy with it, I will give MP 1.0.2 a shot when it is released though to see if I can set up the TV service without the server.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom