New user to Media Portal.. (2 Viewers)

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Try turning off "use exclusive directx mode". I had to recently do that to, but now I have some minor tearing.

yuppicide

Portal Member
January 12, 2006
Cannot find that setting anywhere.. could you tell me where it is?!

Is there any place I can get free channel guide listings?!

wishywashy said:
Try turning off "use exclusive directx mode". I had to recently do that to, but now I have some minor tearing.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    for Exclusive Direct X, go to MP config, and it's a tick box in the general settings.

For the free TV guide, you'll have to tell us where you are.
    If you're in the UK then you have the best options from what I gather. If you're in Australia then it will be a difficult journey to get everything (thanks to our stupid government and their DTV Legislation).

yuppicide

Portal Member
    January 12, 2006
    Guess I'm gonna give up on MediaPortal. The new version is 1000% more unstable than the 0.1.3 or whatever old release that was. It locks up a lot of times when I enter settings.

Sucks that it asks me to pick a movies, pictures, and music folder. I could care less about those features and I should have the right not to want to choose a folder for them. I just want to schedule and record tv.

captainspanky

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2005
    I had issues with audio lagging behind video with the Hauppauge 150. They were fixed when I DL'd the latest drivers from the Hauppauge website though.

Hope that helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom