new user (2 Viewers)

dorothyr

Portal Member
September 26, 2020
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
........Continued........
Rebooted computer, checked MP services still running. Got config, ran channel scan again. Yes, I have checked device, its fine.1035F780-97D4-44B0-9962-960A5657CE84.jpeg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am not at all familiar with this make of tuner but the first obvious question is why does a dual tuner only show 1 tuner, are you sure you have the correct driver installed. Please can you let us know the model number of the tuner?

dorothyr

Portal Member
    September 26, 2020
    Home Country
    So I just uninstalled the driver, rebooted the computer, driver shows as OK but did not show in config. Ran setup/repair again.

dorothyr

Portal Member
    September 26, 2020
    Home Country
    I got the config OK. The tuner does show. some place there was an option to choose 2 channels.

I am also getting errors from event log.

"Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected."

Other errors also. One of them seemed to be a windows problem I may not be able to solve since it required using fixit program from microsoft which is no longer supported.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, doesn't sound good. I might really help if you would let us know the model number of the tuner or even how it is connected to your PC, i.e. an internal card or plugged into the USB.

dorothyr

Portal Member
    September 26, 2020
    Home Country
    Its a usb stick. The tuner does show in config some place. not on the first page. there was an option to choose 2 channels.
    I also had no problems getting 2 channels with my old program

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure quite what to suggest, just one last thing comes to mind:- Shut down you PC and unplug the tuner from its USB socket, restart the PC and when it is back up plug the tuner in to a different USB socket if possible, then run MP TV Config. program set the logging level to debug (see screenshot below), you can also try setting the delay to 5 (also in screenshot) close and restart MP TV Config. then see if there are 2 tuners available, if yes, try scanning for channels on both of them and let us know the results. If at any time something does not work please use Media Portal Watchdog to generate a full set of logs and post them here.

config.jpg

Moxie

July 20, 2021
    Home Country
    I have to admit I'm really lost! Yep, one of those beginners. I've installed all this software on my desktop computer. Ran all the set up and configuration that I could find (that I understood), but STILL, have NO CLUE how I pick this up on my Smart TV! Do you need some sort of special tv tuner card for your computer to make this work? I have Roku, and I can get Playon's app that works fine. Even playon shows up on my Smart tv as an option to choose. ANY help to figure out HOW the heck I can start this to show up on my tv so I can use would be GREATLY appreciated!

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    have to admit I'm really lost!
    No problem I found it tough at first too!
    Media portal is a program that will run on a PC which will be able play media (music, videos, streamed content, TV DVDs etc), on a TV or monitor connected via the PCs GPU, (typically the HDMI interconnect these days) if you have the hardware and software to support that. For example if you want to view OTA TV via Media Portal you will need to install an OTA TV tuner card in the PC or if you want to view a DVD disk you will need to have a DVD player installed.
    Maybe the place to start is too try to get a video file to play, then at least it could confirm you have a connection between MP your PC and TV.
    Which version of MP have you installed MP1 or MP2?
    I have no experience with Roku so I am not able to say if it will provide a source that MP can use, hopefully someone else here can answer that and perhaps give further guidance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom