New version of mc2xml v1.3 (2 Viewers)

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    noticed my mc2xml legacy downloads had stopped working a few days ago. Looked at the mc2xml webpage http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/ and saw a newer version v1.3. Downloaded this version but still had problems with "Error TCP 124363R 124658H" error messages. Ended up also needing to modify my etc\hosts file based on this message.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ew-days-22-09-2014.127672/page-2#post-1101892

put the following line in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file
    65.55.5.170 data.tvdownload.microsoft.com

Also opened a cmd.exe command window and typed ipconfig /flushdns to flush my dns mapping cache (not 100% sure this is needed). To view dns mapping you can do ipconfig /displaydns. With both changes, mc2xml v1.3 legacy and hosts file change, mc2xml runs/downloads 13-14 days of EPG. Not sure if the etc\hosts file change is needed, I seem to be having some occasional dns problems independent of mc2xml.

EDIT COMMENT:
    After power cycling my DSL/router connection, both mc2xml v1.2 and v1.3 work fine with unmodified etc\hosts files. I must have been having ISP/DSL/DNS problems on Sunday. Leaving the workaround info in the message in case somebody else has similar problems

With the new v1.3, you also need to delete the mc2xml.dat to generate new mc2xml configuration. You may also need to go to the xmltv > mappings to update the EPG mappings. see wki for more mc2xml setup hints.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_mc2xml

Also tried mc2xml/SchedulesDirect, this also works with the new SD legacy download data and no changes to etc\hosts file. To get this working delete the mc2xml.dat run mc2xml.exe -T <user>:<password> -d 336 and do mc2xml setup. The -d 336 is needed to download 14 days of EPG. You will also need to do xmltv setup and update your batch file. Both options work when I tested.

One more comment, the channel names in the downloaded EPG data does not match many of my MePo scanned ATSC channel names. I'm using the mc2xml.ren described on the web page so mc2xml will generate tvguide.xml file with my "MePo names". Using a mc2xml.ren file, I see "green" correctly auto-mapped channels when I press "load". This is kind of a pain to setup, but its "pay me now, or pay me later".

To make this work, run mc2xml once to download guide.xml with default channel names, save this file. Start SetupTV.exe > Channels to see your local channel names, use a text editor to create mc2xml.ren with 2 columns of names as shown below. Be careful you editor does not add a .txt extension when you save the file. Run mc2xml 2nd time to create a new guide.xml file that should have the correct MePo channel names, do a xmltv>channels "load" and you should see correct "green" auto-mapped channels. It took me 2-3 updates to get all names mapped correctly. Two examples from my rename file

Mc2xmlName:MePoName
    KTVUDT:KTVU-HD
    KPIXDT:KPIX-TV

Last edited:

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Seems like the website exceeded it's bandwidth limit. Can you post the change log to see what changes were made?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    my schedulesdirect plugin ceased working this week, I ran out of Guide listings at 5:00 pm yesterday. I followed your recommendations and the wiki ... and after more than a couple attempts ... got 2 weeks of Guide data ... now I have to wait for my first recording to see if the Season and Episode info is saved in the file title, for archiving to TV-Series.

Thanks!

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    is there a way to get the episode # from schedules direct, through mc2xml, to show the standard SxxExx format so it can be placed in the file name when recorded? Like the schedulesdirect plugin did

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    I'm a little surprised you had major download problems with SD-plugin. For my main TV Server I use SD(data)/mc2xml/xmltv, looked at my debug system and the SD-plugin had EPG data up till Jan-31. I prefer mc2xml since I can use the "-b" option to tag repeat (not new) shows with a * in the ProgramName.

Not aware of a way to modify how mc2xml handles season/episode info. I've never had luck season/episode info with mc2xml or with other USA EPG options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom