NEWBIE 2 - General Stuff thats missing ? (1 Viewer)

tubamanandy

Portal Member
August 21, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Coming from Windows Media Center (a very long time user) to MediapPortal:-

1) Can you not minimise the programme ?

2) Can yuou not watch the TV programme in a Window (like WMC) ?

I know these questions are a bit basic

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you not watch the TV programme in a Window (like WMC)?
    The keyboard combination ALT_ENTER will switch MP from fullscreen to windowed and back again. In the windowed state, you can resize the window as you wish.

Can you not minimise the programme?
    Once windowed, you can click the "minimise to taskbar" icon, but that has the effect of muting the sound too. As far as I know, there is no option to have sound from MP when the window is minimised.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The keyboard combination ALT_ENTER will switch MP from fullscreen to windowed and back again. In the windowed state, you can resize the window as you wish.
    ...and in addition, MP can be configured to start in Windowed mode if you wish (refer to "start MediaPortal in fullscreen mode"):
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/11_General/5_Startup_Resume_Settings

Once windowed, you can click the "minimise to taskbar" icon, but that has the effect of muting the sound too. As far as I know, there is no option to have sound from MP when the window is minimised.
    This is by design for video and TV. You should continue to get sound if you minimise when playing music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom