Newbie advice needed on a mod (1 Viewer)

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm trying to modify Titan for use on a tablet, which without left/right/up/down/volume buttons/keys is not very usable with a touch-only device (nothing special to Titan actually). Because I haven't messed with MePo skins before, doing the job properly looked a bit daunting, but I decided that the simple, if hacky, solution of putting left/right/up/down/volume buttons on the topbar to emulate the equivalent remote buttons would work for now. So I made my button graphics, put the buttons into the topbar XML, and hooked them up to ACTION_MOVE_LEFT etc. Of course it didn't work as I imagined, because the button gets focus before performing its action, so pressing the left button just ends up focussing an adjacent button on the topbar. Doh!

Is there any way I can make this work, or did I go up a blind alley? Maybe a way to prevent the buttons from getting focus when pressed?

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    th_tumbleweed.gif

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    :) I've pretty much convinced myself that the topbar thing won't work anyway, so I'm going to try and do plan b. I figure I only actually need to make a handful of changes to get the basic functionality I need, maybe I'll have time this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom