Newbie, Hey guys! a question? (1 Viewer)

fabpab

Portal Member
June 7, 2006
Hi there, just thought id pop in and say hi! and how impressed i am with the site and software!

i am a newbie to all the HTPC system, and i have gone through many software packages such as windows MCE, Meedio, showshifter ect...
and Media Portal has to be the one that’s grabbed me by the horns the most.

At the end of this month Im going to be moving in with 3 other people and i want to build a stable HTPC system, and this is my current setup.

Athlon 1.6ghz, 1 gig ram , 300 gig hard disk, nebula digi tv card with remote.

Im reading a lot about how the nebula isnt 100% compatible, in order to use its remote you have to run digi tv in the background ect..

i need this HTPC to be really stable, im gana have 4 people that know nothing about HTPC and will just be flicking channels and recording stuff..
will i be better off selling the card and buying another card and seperate remote that syncs 100% with Media portal?

or would you suggest sticking with the Nebula? it is a great card and at the end of the day i could just use digi tv and record and watch tele that way.. but i want all the added ability to view movies and pics and look up the weather ect..

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks
Pete

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
fabpab

I have a Nebula DigiTV card, pci version, working well with Media Portal. I'm using as set of modified BDA drivers here.

I'm not using the Nebula Remote so can't really comment on how well it works with MediaPortal. It is however not possible, as far as I know, to have the DigiTV application and MediaPortal operating at the same time as the drivers for the card are different ie MP needs BDA drivers. I'm not sure if the remote will function if the BDA drivers are installed.

I am even thinking of buying another Nebula Digi Card, so if you decide to sell please let me know.

MC

fabpab

Portal Member
June 7, 2006
Awsome, thankyou for the quick responce..
im gana get involved 2nite.. building the VGA to Scart cable and deciding weather to sell it or not..
what remote control do you recomend using with media portal / nebula?
ps.. ill let you know 1st if i sell.. :)

fabpab

Portal Member
June 7, 2006
realy?? the nebula / media portal worls with those drivers installed?? that easy? lol

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
Welcome onboard.
fabpab said:
what remote control do you recomend using with media portal / nebula?
I'm actually using a NevoSL remote, it probably cost as much as the PC, but there are many other options available at more sensible prices. MCE remotes etc.

fabpab said:
ps.. ill let you know 1st if i sell.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom