Newbie - Moving from Snapstream BTV to MP (1 Viewer)

rkstant

Portal Member
September 13, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks mm,

I restarted the service, making sure the I enabled the switch in the SchedulesDirect plugin to rename the channels. I am seeing some guide data!!!
But when I try to click on any one of those channels, I now get "No free card available". What did I do wrong? (If you recall, I am using a cable box and IR device, entered the channels in manually but have them all at 61.25 MHz frequency so the TV card says Channel 3 but the cable box uses the right channel to send the signal to the PC.)

Rick

rkstant

Portal Member
September 13, 2014
Home Country
OK. I thought that setting the preference for the Schedule Direct plugin to rename the channel would have fixed it.
I'll try clearing out the channels, letting Scheduled Direct put them back in and changing the frequency on each channel.
Fingers crossed. :)

Rick

rkstant

Portal Member
September 13, 2014
Home Country
Nope, that didn't work.
- Cleared all channels
- Let Schedule Direct bring all channels over (with setting to overwrite existing channels with their format)
- Edited all of the channels to have 61.25 Mhz
- Restarted the TV service
- Bring up MP. All channels have the error.

Time for bed in eastern US. But if you have other ideas, please let me know. I can upload some screen shots of my setup.

- Rick[DOUBLEPOST=1412226266][/DOUBLEPOST]Here are a couple of screen shots from my TV-Server Config.
I did disable the setting for Schedule Direct to overwrite existing channel info once it loaded the EPG, just in case it would change the frequencies that I set.
-Rick

Attachments

• c1.PNG
    c1.PNG
    57 KB
  • c2.PNG
    c2.PNG
    284.7 KB
  • c3.PNG
    c3.PNG
    47.7 KB

rkstant

Portal Member
September 13, 2014
Home Country
Ahh...that did it! I had it set but must have accidentally cleared it out.
I now have a full schedule loaded and can watch shows!!! :cool:
I'll see if I can record shows next.
This should work until SchedulesDirect stops working, at which point I hope someone has a good EPG replacement.

Thanks again. You rock!
Rick

spachti

Portal Pro
July 27, 2005
Bible Belt
Home Country
Spachti,

I hope that you don't mind a newbie-level followup question on EPG.
I took your advice and signed up for the Schedules Direct service, added the plugin to my TV-Server Configuration app and followed the instructions in the configuration screen for Schedules Direct. But I don't see the EPG information in MP. I've let it go for about 4 hours. Is there something else that I need to do?

Rick
Hi Rick,
sorry for the delayed answer. I'm overseas right now (Germany).
As i can see you've fixed your problems with MM's help.

rkstant

Portal Member
September 13, 2014
Home Country
Thanks Spachti - yes, I think it's working now.
Thanks! Since I like to record shows, I'll have to look around for some other plug ins that make it easier to record series. The current settings that I have say to record on a certain channel at a certain time. When I was using BeyondTV, it would be smart enough to let you set up a series recording and record the first non-conflicting showing of an episode. That way, if you have some cable shows that have multiple airings, and some are at the same time as other shows, they would automatically figure out which ones could record a later airing to resolve the conflict. It would report if it couldn't resolve. Very cool.

spachti

Portal Pro
July 27, 2005
Bible Belt
Home Country
Sorry, can't help you with that. I'm already glad when I can record a single show, LOL.

mackyy20

October 17, 2014
Home Country
India India
use and it would download the tv station and program guide and allow the application to change the station when I used my keyboard and the onscreen guide to select a show to watch. If I told BVT the shows I would like to schedule to record, it would change the station at the appropriate time and record the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom