Newbie Question: How can I access MPextended from my iPad (using which App)? To watch Live TV (1 Viewer)

LeeTXJD

Portal Member
May 12, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Awesome. I look forward to the update!

Anu

Portal Pro
July 1, 2016
Home Country
next release has the ability to select channel lineups and add schedule recordings. It should be out in about a week

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Anu
    Just tried tvportal on iPadOS 14.4. It mostly works fine except for occasional crashing. Are you still working on it? No recent updates, which is a pity as it’s a great app.
    Ken

Anu

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2016
    Home Country
    I stopped using media portal and didn’t have a local install to test with a couple of years ago but since the app was stable and functional I’ve left it alone. I could update it with the latest sdk and that would likely address some stability issues

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That would be great. I will give it a good look to see if I can spot anything else. If you were up for enhancements, you might add casting. Lots of TVs have chrome cast, or can connect a dongle. That way you could use your iPad to act as a mediaportal client for a big TV in many situations, so you wouldn’t have to have a client PC for each TV.

Last edited:

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have your app installed on an iPad mini 5 running iPadOS14.4. It is connected to Mediaportal Server 1.27 on Windows 2012 R2 Server via IIS and Mpextended 0.7.

Live TV and recordings play, but:

1. you can't skip forward or back. The time line appears at the bottom, and the time changes when you tap on the line, and the snapshot shows a frame from (I presume) the right time, but if you touch anywhere, it either crashes or does nothing. In the latter case it eventually resumes from the original point.
    2. "Scheduled" displays the current scheduled recordings correctly, but pressing "Add" just displays a page with "Search" at the top but nothing else. I tried going to "Guide" and selected an item, but the only function available was "Watch" (which plays the current programme)
    If you can fix this it would be great. I am happy to be Beta tester (testflight?) if that helps. I think you said you didn't have MediaPortal anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom