Newbie Setup help (1 Viewer)

RyanS107

June 2, 2005
Toledo, OH
I am setting up my first box here. I need some help.

What exactly all do i need?

I am buying a new PC, but what do i need to add to it to be able to have a good setup?

Will the standard video card work ok? Or do i need some fancy one?

I want to be able to run a dual tuner (for recording while watching). Is there a single card that can do both?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

TVKiwi

Portal Member
May 27, 2005
Hi Rysan.

The best way for us to help you would be if you could post what you have so far (what type of cpu, gpu, ram etc) and how you wish to connect it to your TV, stereo etc. Also what your video sources will be - eg DVB or analog, set top box etc.

RyanS107

June 2, 2005
Toledo, OH
Yes, I am in the US.

I have an HP Celeron 2.8 on order. It has 40GB, 256MB

I will add another HD, probably for storage of video and more RAM.

After doing a little research, I see I would probably want to add 2 TV cards. Would it be recomended to get a PVR-150MCE and a PVR-150? With this could i then get the capibilities of the radio in the 150MCE and the IR blaster to control my Dish network satellite dish? Along with the remote that comes with the 150?

Please let me know what your recomendations are on the TV cards and also if i need to do anything about my video card. I do not know what type of video card is going to be factory installed.

I am not sure about output yet. Do i need anything special / any recomendations on what to use for this??

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom