Newbie trying to sort the TV channels (1 Viewer)

PhilipJ451

February 2, 2022
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
CyberSimian,

thanks for the further update. I haven't really been watching it for long enough to comment on any pixelation but the signal strength may be a point as this is in a PC in my workroom and running off an aerial in the loft rather than the main house aerial (it is an enormous 3 armed beast though so the signal strength should be pretty good).
Thanks for the tip about channel movement detection, I will remember that next time we have to retune.

I've also now got the EPG setup and loading ok so my next move is to try recording and replaying, also to see if I can get my EMPREX remote to work with it.

regards
PhilipJ

spludlow

Portal Member
June 28, 2007
Home Country
Guess what card I've got .... yes TBS 6280.

I never really liked it. The drivers crash (BSOD) on average about every 2-3 months. I did buy a new different card but I don't know where I put it.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Guess what card I've got .... yes TBS 6280.
    I never really liked it. The drivers crash (BSOD) on average about every 2-3 months.
    I have had occasional problems with my TBS 6284 in the past, although not recently. Windows would abend with the blue screen and an error code of IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL (or something like that). Using the "BlueScreenView" tool showed that the abend occurred in the TBS driver.

The 6284 is renowned for using PCI-Express standard version 1.1. The problem with this is that motherboard manufacturers supported versions 1.0 and 2.0 of the PCI-Express standard, but many of them forgot to add support for version 1.1 (or could not be bothered). So the tuner cards mostly work, but there are some electrical signalling scenarios where the 6284 (and probably the 6280) do not work correctly. :(

Since the 6284, there have been two newer generations -- first the 6285, and then the current 6205 (all quad-tuner cards).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

spludlow

Portal Member
    June 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Well put simply if drivers ever cause the system to crash then the devs need to sort it out.

Anyway I just put a Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD in I found cheap ages ago.

First scan I saw the LCN 10000 issue, second fine, all on defaults.

Maybe its just my signal. Watching programs is fine.

I did have a head amp but had it removed when the analogue signal was switched off as is was causing adjacent transmitter problems with Windows Media Centre. Which I still use and still have to use an attenuator that I have to change the level on depending on time of year.

Really should just a STB, lolz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom