Newbish Question (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

ok i am making a skin and i have a couple questions.
1. how do i change the position of things such as menu items and stuff
2. what do all those differant things in the media folder do like all the banners and stuff
3. how do i add a bar at the bottom with like play stop ff and rw on it

i am new to skinning but not to photoshop i just don't know what i have to make. i'm guessing that alot of this is xml is there anyone that would help me with editing it? i'm useing the crystal center to work off of changing it as i go so i can preview it when i want. thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

Internet said:
ok i am making a skin and i have a couple questions.
1. how do i change the position of things such as menu items and stuff
2. what do all those differant things in the media folder do like all the banners and stuff
3. how do i add a bar at the bottom with like play stop ff and rw on it

i am new to skinning but not to photoshop i just don't know what i have to make. i'm guessing that alot of this is xml is there anyone that would help me with editing it? i'm useing the crystal center to work off of changing it as i go so i can preview it when i want. thanks in advance

1. Check the home.xml you have the position tags in the code. They would look something like this:

<posX>111</posX>
<posY>222</posY>

Some of the items on a page has been added in a central resource file. This is to make it easier to change things. If you change something in references.xml all pages that have that item will be affected.

2. What banners?

3. Edit the topbar.xml and topbarhome.xml (this is for the MP home view).

A

Anonymous

Internet said:
oops i mean like theres a bunch of like solid colored bars and stuff

Ah, there are several bars so that IF you would like to custimize them like in the Metal Media skin you could (every highlighted item on the homepage has it's own bar look).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom