News Plugin (Rss, Atom) (2 Viewers)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As the screenshots show, we still have some layouting or clipping or rendering problems in the skin engine. Nothing big.
    For example the letters that go under the baseline like g or y are slightly cut off.
    Also text fades out too early.
    Some other problems I simply worked around, but we should collect and fix them ;)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Pushed another change and updated attached zip in first post. (This should be closer to a final version). Please delete your old news settings file if you have changed any feeds in configuration (the format has changed).

I am now using a xml file that holds info for the regional default feeds. It is attached here, please everyone feel free to add more feed sets for any languages and regions, so we can have a pretty good file when MP2 is released. Try to find feeds in your country that won't vanish soon but are provided from really big websites and give general information that is most likely to be interesting for the majority of people in your country ;)

See first post.

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I thought about where the best place would be to put news on homescreen. Here are two different drafts, left bottom and top right.

Let me know which approach we should take further! draft_home_news_v1.jpgdraft_home_news_v2.jpg

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    how big is the newswindow going to be, like the frame in the screenshots? why not use the place the weatherinfo is right now (if possible), exchanging with the news in a loop? the weatherconditions won't change every minute and because of that you only have a short look on it once so there could be the news afterwards. everything would be on one spot to look at rather than splitted up all over the screen like if the news would be in the upper right corner...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What do you think about this version? Placing a news item in the region of weather. We that could switch in some interval between weather and a random news item:
    new_home.jpg

Although, the place is very limited so we need to use tiny font and a scroll label. The small icon could be removed (thumb of news)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom