NFO Creation and Importing (1 Viewer)

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
What program are people using to setup there movies cover art and information to be saved into an NFO file for easier scraping in the future?
The reason i ask is because im fed up with sorting my collections covers and age certifications and then i setup another client or move the movies to a file server and have to re-setup all the information again, which is obviously tedious.
It would be much simpler to have a file to scrape locally (NFO) and all the information then be the same no matter when or where i setup a client and the time frame would be dramatically reduced to get up and running, i have heard people say save your database file and copy it over after a re-install of Mepo, but this does not cover the issue when you change the path to the movies or in some cases when setting up a new client install.

I have heard of MyMovies and used it a few years back when i tested XBMC out, but see in a thread on this forum that the information was not all being Scraped from the NFO properly into Mepo, is this still the case and is there any other or better way to create the NFO files?

Thanks

Atomic

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
ok tested using MyMovies and its creation of NFO files and picked the options in the mediaportal config myvideos `use internal NFO scraper only` and do not use database, but it seems to be still getting the information from elsewhere as it uses a different cover than what i have picked and info?
Can anyone confirm this behaviour?
attached an NFO created using MyMovies for your inspection.

Attachments

• 300 (2006) [tt0416449].rar
    3.3 KB
Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
mm may have some progress any old pictures in the same location as the movie is being used instead of the one picked in the NFO file. will update later if i get more success.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
looking at it now, scanning movies into database now so i can then look at them in this program with a view to creating the NFOs. Will let you know my thoughts in due course, thanks for the link, never seen it before (y)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    set as screenshot for NFO support only, it support MP Database, but with all change since 1.3.0 i don't know if is up to date :(

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      116.8 KB
    • Capture2.JPG
      Capture2.JPG
      137.3 KB

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Thank you found it and im using now, will report back when ive done the kids hd movies as to how they look in mepo once scraped via nfo, fingers crossed this will work well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom