NFO format error/problem (1 Viewer)

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
June 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Fresh install MP 1.3.0 - no plugins...

Under configuration i checked "use internal NFO scraper only" and "do not use database" so the information in the NFO accompanying the video is displayed directly... This works well, for the existing NFO files...

The problem: When adding new NFO files (for new or existing video files) i sometimes have a problem with the information not being displayed.
The log states: "2013-05-05 22:04:58.681666 [Info.][(16)]: GUIVideoFiles.Load nfo file error: X:\-= Thriller - Drama =-\Zero Dark Thirty.nfo is not a valid XML document"

Even if i take existing (and working) NFO and change just a few letters (eg. other director) using notepad this error will appear... And sometimes i can edit an NFO file using notepad, and have no problem...
Trying using XML editor to edit the files doesn't help...

Confused!!! The video files plays without problems...

Any ideas???

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
June 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
*sigh*

Problem solved... at lest for now: when saving NFO files edited in notepad ensure that encoding is set to UTF-8 (default is ANSI) corresponding with the start of the NFO that states: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

If the NFO is saved with ANSI encoding, this will be retained by XML editors when later editing the NFO file...

Don't know what happens if start of NFO is set to <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ANSI" standalone="yes" ?> and the NFO then is saved with ANSI encoding... Will try that.... later... maybe....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom