[solved] NFO grabber ignores local fanarts and posters (1 Viewer)

exe222

Portal Pro
August 22, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

thanks for your recent update. Now I finally can move back to MyFilms as I played with MovingPictures meanwhile. ;-)
I switchted to using decentral nfo files next to the movie files. In addition metadata like fanart and poster are next to it as in the example below:

Folder: Seelen (2013) (tt1517260)
Seelen (2013) (tt1517260).nfo
Seelen (2013) (tt1517260)-fanart.jpg
Seelen (2013) (tt1517260)-poster.jpg

The nfo is created with ember media manager and the import with moving pictures works quiete well. Still I would like to get back to MyFilms using the data that is already available: nfo, poster, fanart. I created a new MyFilms configuration using the NFO grabber setting it up according to the wiki page. The NFO seems to be read fine, at least some test files contained the right (German) description. Unfortunately it does not work entirely as expected:
  • Local fanarts are ignored
  • Local posters are ignored, istead some are downloaded again
  • The process to "grab" one move takes about a minute while I would expect seconds to read the local data (online access?)
  • No additional info in the log but that the import was successful and it used the imdb id: Why does it need the imdb id?
Can anybody explain and help me setting it up correctly?
Do I need to setup something special for fanart and poster import?
Do you need further information?

System:
Windows 8, MediaPortal 1.9, latest MyFilms 6.X

Thanks in advance!

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi all,

thanks for your recent update. Now I finally can move back to MyFilms as I played with MovingPictures meanwhile. ;-)
    I switchted to using decentral nfo files next to the movie files. In addition metadata like fanart and poster are next to it as in the example below:

Folder: Seelen (2013) (tt1517260)
    Seelen (2013) (tt1517260).nfo
    Seelen (2013) (tt1517260)-fanart.jpg
    Seelen (2013) (tt1517260)-poster.jpg

The nfo is created with ember media manager and the import with moving pictures works quiete well. Still I would like to get back to MyFilms using the data that is already available: nfo, poster, fanart. I created a new MyFilms configuration using the NFO grabber setting it up according to the wiki page. The NFO seems to be read fine, at least some test files contained the right (German) description. Unfortunately it does not work entirely as expected:
    • Local fanarts are ignored
    • Local posters are ignored, istead some are downloaded again

• If that is the case, the nfo grabber script is either not set to use local media or does not recognize the existing ones.
      The process to "grab" one move takes about a minute while I would expect seconds to read the local data (online access?)
      There is two things that take time:
      - Grabbing artwork (MyFilms grabs more fanart than just one per movie - so unless that is disabled that takes time)
      - Media info: If you have enabled media info fields in teh grabber, it'll read the media file to get all it's media info data - which can take a while especially when data is on nas / network.
      When those two things are not active, importing movies with nfo grabber would only take milliseconds with local nfo, as expected.
      [*]No additional info in the log but that the import was successful and it used the imdb id: Why does it need the imdb id?
    Do you need further information?

System:
    Windows 8, MediaPortal 1.9, latest MyFilms 6.X

Thanks in advance!
    Best would be to post your MF config files. If you use any customized nfo grabber script, post that one too.

@Dadeo: Maybe it would help to allow the setup wizard to make settings for such a "strict" use case - i.e. more strict settings for nfo use case - or provide two possible setups - one with and one without grabbing additional data?

exe222

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the quick reply, Guzzi!

Best would be to post your MF config files. If you use any customized nfo grabber script, post that one too.
    I'll provide you with the config files once I get home and hope that we can get it running. :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    See MyFilms Wiki > Grabber Scripts (NFO Grabber)
    Poster should be <movie filename>.jpg, e.g. Seelen (2013) (tt1517260).jpg NOT Seelen (2013) (tt1517260)-poster.jpg. IIRC Ember settings offers an option to save movie poster/cover as <movie filename>.jpg.

Seelen (2013) (tt1517260)-fanart.jpg should work - so as Guzzi said, log files might give a clue what the problem is. AFAIK no one ever tested it with the tt number in the folder/filename but I don't think that should be a problem.

@Dadeo: Maybe it would help to allow the setup wizard to make settings for such a "strict" use case - i.e. more strict settings for nfo use case - or provide two possible setups - one with and one without grabbing additional data?
    I'd like to identify what the actual issue is before answering that, and not sure exactly what you mean by 'additional data'. I can't imagine not wanting media info, and I didn't think NFO grabber gets fanart from internet - only from movie folder.:confused:

exe222

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please find attached my settings, the import log and the resulting amc xml database.
    I hope I did not miss a important file...

Thanks for the poster hint. I'll give it a try as well.

EDIT: Both seems to work now.
    For Fanarts the corresponding checkbox was unchecked in MF configuration
    For Poster I will have to "fix" all file names. Would be nice to give it a pattern somehow.
    Still it is rather slow - no idea what it is doing that long.

Is the file info like codec, resolution etc also read from nfo?

Attachments

• MyFilmsAMCSettings_nfoGrabber.xml
      7.3 KB
    • MyFilms.xml
      25.6 KB
    • nfo.xml
      14.5 KB
    Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    EDIT: Both seems to work now.
    Great!

For Poster I will have to "fix" all file names. Would be nice to give it a pattern somehow.
    IIRC when you change it in EMM (see MF Wiki > Supported Catalogs > Ember Media Manager) it will rewrite the cover/poster image files, but I can't remember if you have to rewrite all the .nfo files to initiate that. Maybe one of our EMM experts will know better?

No, MyFilms reads it using MediaInfo. You can disable grabbing data for mediainfo fields on the Database Fields tab in AMC Updater but then you won't have data in those fields.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Still it is rather slow - no idea what it is doing that long.
    Code:
    <Values Option="Database_Fields_To_Import"><Value>Actors|True;Aspectratio|True;AudioBitrate|True;AudioChannelCount|True;AudioFormat|True;Category|True;Certification|True;Checked|True;Comments|True;Country|True;Date|True;Description|True;Director|True;Disks|True;Edition|True;Fanart|True;FormattedTitle|True;Framerate|True;IMDB_Id|True;IMDB_Rank|True;Languages|True;Length|True;MediaLabel|True;MediaType|True;OriginalTitle|True;Picture|True;Producer|True;Rating|True;Resolution|True;Size|True;Source|True;Studio|True;Subtitles|True;TagLine|True;TMDB_Id|True;TranslatedTitle|True;URL|True;VideoBitrate|True;VideoFormat|True;Writer|True;Year|True</Value></Values>
    Media info is activated in import - so it will scan all media files for that - which takes time, especially as they're located on network.

No, xbmc nfo standard doesn't define them afaik - MyFilms reads them via media info from the media files themsevles.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I'd like to identify what the actual issue is before answering that, and not sure exactly what you mean by 'additional data'. I can't imagine not wanting media info, and I didn't think NFO grabber gets fanart from internet - only from movie folder.:confused:
    As we often had been asked why nfo grabber "takes so long" I mean a setup with no internet and media info data - plus one with "additional data" = full scanning. All that is already possible by manuelly settings of course - I tested nfo importer some time ago with the basic setup and import is done for hundreds of films within only a few seconds (depending on i/o capabilities of the local systems).

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    xbmc nfo standard doesn't define them afaik
    IIRC XBMC nfo movie tags include <fileinfo> tags. However apps do not use consistent formats and MF Grabber engine has never supported grabbing data for these fields because they were always grabbed from mediaInfo, not websites. I remember you commented about this before when we were working on the NFO grabber (and some if its limitations) which led to the Grabber Engine rework (WIP) - but I can't remember if you already included support for media info fields or not :confused:

As we often had been asked why nfo grabber "takes so long" I mean a setup with no internet and media info data - plus one with "additional data" = full scanning. All that is already possible by manuelly settings of course
    Gotcha - I think the manual settings are easy enough - it is one click to included/exclude media info fields BUT the problem (as with so many AMCU settings) is that it is not that obvious/intuitive. I definitely agree it could be improved but I would prefer to do that after MF has an option to grab the data from NFO files.

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    xbmc nfo standard doesn't define them afaik
    IIRC XBMC nfo movie tags include <fileinfo> tags. However apps do not use these consistently, and MF Grabber engine has never supported grabbing data for these fields because they were always grabbed from mediaInfo, not websites. I remember you commented about this before when we were working on the NFO grabber (and some if its limitations) which lead to the Grabber Engine rework (WIP) - but I can't remember if you already included support for media info fields or not :confused:
    Thanks for reminding me on that :) - the grabber rework would allow to do that dynamically. Currently, it is not possible, as the fields are static and only workling with media info.

As we often had been asked why nfo grabber "takes so long" I mean a setup with no internet and media info data - plus one with "additional data" = full scanning. All that is already possible by manuelly settings of course
    Gotcha - I think the manual settings are easy enough - it is one click to included/exclude media info fields BUT the problem (as with so many AMCU settings) is that it is not that obvious/intuitive. I definitely agree it could be improved but I would prefer to do that after MF has an option to grab the data from NFO files.
    Maybe for now it is a good idea to add a page to the FAQ for nfo grabber to give those respective hints ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom