NFO? (1 Viewer)

jriker1

Portal Member
March 15, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am working in an off-line environment so like to take movies, scan them with tinymediamanager and upload them manually into MP1. This is for movies not TV Shows. If I had a bunch of TV Show DVD's I convert to individual media files, could I name them in a certain way, have a media manager pre-create an NFO file and associated images, and would MPTVSeries use that? Website talks about scanning and going onto the internet to get metadata.

Keep in mind my MP system has NO internet access or online at all. So I need to setup the shows and metadata elsewhere and copy them over and let MP absorb the info in the folders.

Thanks.

JR

Last edited:

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

unfortunately MPTVSeries does not make use of .nfo files nor does it use local images.

If you want that you could use MP2 which makes use of .nfo files for movies and TV series. This functionality is built in already in MP2. You can use offline data (.nfo) and offline images completely with MP2 if you wish so.

Cheers

Blue Max

jriker1

Portal Member
    March 15, 2016
    Home Country
    Hi,

unfortunately MPTVSeries does not make use of .nfo files nor does it use local images.

If you want that you could use MP2 which makes use of .nfo files for movies and TV series. This functionality is built in already in MP2. You can use offline data (.nfo) and offline images completely with MP2 if you wish so.

Cheers

Blue Max
    Thanks. Only problem I had on initial install of MP2 is it doesn't have options to select what I want to install so had TV and TV COnfiguration and the like as part of the install. I have no TV Tuner or anything so was wasted install.

THanks.

JR

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @jriker1, there is a FAQ article that explains how to manually add items for MP-TVSeries that do not exist at TheTVdB, which would also work for off-line scenarios. The original website for the FAQ is gone as it was hosted by Google Code, but the web.archive copy still works.

Direct link @ FAQ - mptvseries - Frequently Asked Questions. - MP-TVSeries: plug-in for organizing TV shows in MediaPortal - Google Project Hosting

Seems web.archive did not grab all the images, but you get the general idea.

jriker1

Portal Member
    March 15, 2016
    Home Country
    Posted this on another thread about just a pure Video folder, but if I pointed MPTVSeries to a c:\tvshows folder that has an Orville folder under it and then in Orville there was:

banner.jpg
    clearart.png
    clearlogo.png
    fanart.jpg
    hi.txt
    logo.png
    poster.jpg
    season01-poster.jpg
    The.Orville.S01E01-thumb.jpg
    The.Orville.S01E01.mkv
    The.Orville.S01E01.nfo
    The.Orville.S01E02-thumb.jpg
    The.Orville.S01E02.mkv
    The.Orville.S01E02.nfo
    The.Orville.S01E03-thumb.jpg
    The.Orville.S01E03.mkv
    The.Orville.S01E03.nfo
    The.Orville.S01E04-thumb.jpg
    The.Orville.S01E04.mkv
    The.Orville.S01E04.nfo
    thumb.jpg
    tvshow.nfo

Would that work to show the nfo and stuff?

Thanks.

JR

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you have no problem with online scans, then MP-TVSeries will detect "The Orville" from each of the *.mkv" files and detect S01 and E01-4 just fine and import them based on that ignoring all the other files.

MP-TVSeries scans your filename structure based on the regular expressions and simple rules configured for import and gets all the data from TheTVdB website.

You can modify the import rules, add replacement string rules and modify everything to where you'll get everything the way you want it, but all the text & artwork for show and episodes are obtained from TheTVdB.

PS: You can configure Moving-Pictures to ignore files with the noise filter based on SxxExx pattern, and then MP-TVSeries can be configured to ignore any movies or other media. Both are somewhat already configured out of the box to do so, but might require a little tweaking to avoid false positives for your situation. Then you can have one C:\Videos folder containing both Movies and TV-Shows, but ideally you would keep those separated and it should not be that much effort to do so, and even automate the process before MediaPortal is involved.

jriker1

Portal Member
    March 15, 2016
    Home Country
    Thanks for the info. I'm 100% off-line with this device so no on-line scanning or I'd go plugin crazy. :)

Thanks.

JR

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Then you're missing out, but that's your call.

I'm sure there is some intensive manual labor solution available for you, but I prefer the fully automated solution myself with user contributed data that changes daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom