No Analog Radio (Error Message) (1 Viewer)

Ed Nielsen

August 7, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I recently switched from MP1 to MP2 as I was having some TV issues. Terrestrial radio worked great, the TV just stopped working. After trying a couple of things I ran across on this forum with no success, I downloaded and installed MP2. TV scan went fine and the TV works great. When I go to scan for FM terrestrial radio, however, I get the following message:

Unable to scan
The graph building. Mostly your card is not supported by TvServer. Please create a report in our forum."

Any ideas as to why my card would work fine for terrestrial radio in MP1, but MP2 says it won't?
Card is Hauppage WinTV 885.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Ed! :)

I recently switched from MP1 to MP2 as I was having some TV issues.
    Hmmm. Just keep in mind that MP2 is a work in progress, especially for TV. TV support in MP1 is more mature/stable. I don't think I'd have done that if I were you.

Any ideas as to why my card would work fine for terrestrial radio in MP1, but MP2 says it won't?
    Have you installed the latest snapshot?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-2-sr15-update-1-snapshot-2015-08-01.131488/

If not and you want to stick with MP2, you should install this.

Regards,
    mm

Ed Nielsen

August 7, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello and welcome Ed! :)

Have you installed the latest snapshot?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-2-sr15-update-1-snapshot-2015-08-01.131488/

If not and you want to stick with MP2, you should install this.

Regards,
    mm
    Thank you for the welcome and the suggestion. I just installed that latest test build, and I still get the same message -- "Your TV card does not support radio," which is clearly incorrect as I listened to radio for years via WMC, and also via MP1.

I've uninstalled MP2 and am going back to MP1. Hopefully, the TV will stay put this time.

CIAO!
    Ed

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Ed Nielsen
    I hope you're aware that your chopping and changing is very frustrating for somebody like me who is trying to help you. As it stands, you're wasting your time swapping between MP1 and MP2 like this. I'll follow up in more detail in your other thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom