no artist/album data listed in RC2 my music... (1 Viewer)

Stooo

Portal Member
December 7, 2005
Scotland
I've just installed the new RC2 version of 0.2 I was running RC1 (last CVS update was last monday (12th december).

I did this as a clean install and reset everything. I've scanned my music files to fill the database in MP. When i look at the "shares" list I can see everything.

If I use an ID3 tag based list, such as "view by Artists" I see a list of folders with no names... select a folder and I get the album folders but the names of the folders are again blank.

If I then select an album folder, all the songs for that album are there... with the names.

No idea what's wrong here. Any ideas ?

Funky

Portal Pro
March 8, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I am experiencing the same problem, I keep getting these error messages in the error.log & mediaportal.log

2005-12-19 23:51:43 OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicBaseWindow.SetLabels()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicGenres.SetLabels()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicGenres.LoadDirectory(String strNewDirectory)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicGenres.OnPageLoad()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
2005-12-19 23:51:56 OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicBaseWindow.SetLabels()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicGenres.SetLabels()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicGenres.LoadDirectory(String strNewDirectory)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicBaseWindow.OnShowViews()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicBaseWindow.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicGenres.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

Cheers

Stooo

Portal Member
December 7, 2005
Scotland
I've just checked in the Bugs forum...

It seems that this is a bug with the new build that a few folk are having. I guess they'll aim to fix it soon. It is forcing me to go and re-organise my music folder so my shares list is easyer to navigate. :-D

Now I just need to get my DVD playing to work properly in MP (grumble grumble)

AndyUK49er

Portal Member
December 18, 2005
Reading, UK
Just tried lastest CVS and whilst the problem seems to be fixed, on further investigation there appear to be problems with the ALbum Arts showing when a track is being played (Data has been grabed, not displayed in play window) and also the view keeps changing once set to "Large Icons" Seems the settign is not remembered...

Anyone else still having problems ?

BTW Whilst installing the CVS it asks to run "start.bat", I can't find this file so maybe I haven't install;ed the CVS correctly ????

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom