No artist/album detail ? Help! (1 Viewer)

nobru26

Portal Pro
October 9, 2006
France
Home Country
France France
Hello!

Could you tell me where i make mistake? Because i haven't any artist / album detail in Music session, when i try to show détails, i see the name of the artist but there isn't anything else more.

I refreshed the database in MP configuration.
Tried to delete it and rebuilt
I have the fanarts
Music info Handler is enabled (not configured but i don't know how to do)

With Notepad i tried to open music database and it's not really clear but i can see that there is something written about artists... is there a software to edit it?

I'm in directory structure, MP 1.4

Thanks a lot for your help!

nobru26

Portal Pro
October 9, 2006
France
Home Country
France France
Thanks for your reply!

But i've got many questions, i read many treads about scraping music détails and there is many plugins, scraps, treads from many users, somewhere i read that uninstalling musicinfohandler, and somewhere a modified musicinfohandler plugin....
I'm confused.

Is it possible to explain us the good way to configure the music section? not the good tread about database, and mp3 tag, but a little wiki about scraping infos?
So if i found all the things to install, i'll be happy to test the mucis update scraper, but what i have to do before?

Thanks
Sorry again for my English.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The music section doesn't need much configuration. Most important thing is to tag your music properly and then scraping should work by default.
    But since it's currently broken, you need to use the updated AllMusic scraper from Area51 to get results.

nobru26

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2006
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello!
    Do you talk about scraping of musicinfohandler? I have to disable it so?
    Do you have any news about music info Handler rebuilt?

This WE i'll try to find time to test the allmusic grabber, there isn't many risk! I've got a day by day backup made by WHS.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nope, not talking about a plugin, but about the build-in scraping for music, which is currently broken.
    I assume that MusicInfoHandler plugin isn't needed anymore once the inbuild scraper is fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom