No Audio after resume from sleep or hybrid sleep (Win 8.1 MP 1.12) (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

I just up graded my MB and CPU for an intel i5 and ASUS Micro ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards H97M-PLUS.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K2R6BQS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

Did a clean OS install from 8 x64 and up graded to 8.1 x64.

I'm using an older graphic card MSI NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1GB GDDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video Card N640GT-MD1GD3 but the graphic are great. No stuttering or problems.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089KJQFS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I was noticing that when I started back from sleeping that I would hear audio from music, the "clicking" sound from the remote control and I could play videos from the internet through a browser, however when I played anything video like, no sound. I could restart the computer and it would come back. I figured it was the LAV or rendering settings, but nothing I changed seem to locate the problem. Finally I realized it was when it was coming out of sleep.

I searched and there are some old threads for a similar problem back in 2011 with windows 7. Are these the same old problems creeping back in?

I have attached logs and my system info if that helps anyone help me trouble shoot this. Right now I send the audio out via HDMI to my Yamaha RX-V675-R 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver and then on to the TV. When the sound works it is great.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

-S

Attachments

• System info.txt
      15.3 MB · Views: 1,067

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Thanks for the link. Are there instructions for applying the patch and removing it if it makes things worse?
    Take a backup of the files you replace before you replace them. If you need to roll back, simply replace the patched files with the originals.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ok I can search for where to put these files and take a back up but where do the ".patch" files go? Just into the mediaportal folder?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    No need to put the .patch somewhere :) (it's for dev to look @ the change) but you have to put files there :
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
    Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I am still having problems with no audio after starting (including auto-start on reboot) MP or resuming from sleep. It only occurs if I enable the "Hide Windows Volume OSD" setting, I would like to have both the Windows and MP volume OSDs hidden as I use the HDMI volume control in the CEC Remote plugin which shows my AVR volume OSD...
    I am still having problems with no audio after starting (including auto-start on reboot) MP or resuming from sleep. It only occurs...
    I am still having problems with no audio after starting (including auto-start on reboot) MP or resuming from sleep. It only occurs...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry, I'm busy at work the week (and most often the weekend) and even work on the weekend or late, I didn't finish what I have to do !!! So this is not good! That's good news, you have found a lead that can trigger the issue. It's needed to analyze this, it seems that this option is disabled on my HTPC, but need to confirm it :)
    Sorry, I'm busy at work the week (and most often the weekend) and even work on the weekend or late, I didn't finish what I have to...
    I have only noticed this problem since updating to MP 1.21 Final, on resume from sleep I do not get any sound when navigating (and...
    Replies
    Views
    Reception on Channel 'WUCW HD' looks bad (there are a lot of 'Continuity error...' messages in the server TsWriter.log after it's been tuned). Otherwise the TV server logs look OK. Since you are using Kodi as the client, you probably need to ask over in their forums for help - I've never used Kodi. From the symptoms you describe...
    Reception on Channel 'WUCW HD' looks bad (there are a lot of 'Continuity error...' messages in the server TsWriter.log after it's...
    Fair warning, I am a newb to MediaPortal so please forgive me if my questions have been answered numerous time before. Setup...
    Replies
    Views
    I have released an improved version of the config file and AutoHotKey script for the Ortek/Hama remote control, available from the post below: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/vista-mce-remote-control-vrc-1100.94301/page-6#post-1198295 -- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I have released an improved version of the config file and AutoHotKey script for the Ortek/Hama remote control, available from the...
    Hello! Upgrading to MP 1.12 gives me some trouble using my remote controls and defining the proper button codes in the proper...
    Replies
    Views
    I got exactly the same problem. Also fresh Windows 8.1 Pro with MP 1.11 (Pre 11 Version) AMD Board (details in my specs) Catalyst version 14.9 It sometimes mutes for 1-2 seconds and than it works. Anybody can help both of us?
    I got exactly the same problem. Also fresh Windows 8.1 Pro with MP 1.11 (Pre 11 Version) AMD Board (details in my specs) Catalyst...
    After i install Windows 8.1 Pro i have problems with my HDMI Sound. Its mute for the first 1-2 Seconds and works after this first...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom