No audio after skipping forward in recorded TV (1 Viewer)

givendale

Portal Member
June 6, 2007
Home Country
Hi all,

Have got MP working just the way I would like it to however ther is one thign that is lowering the WAF and hence the HTPC's acceptance into everyday life.

When you are watching a recorded TV show and you skip forward (not fast forward) through the adverts there is no audio when the show starts to play again. To get any audio back you need to press the Fastforward or rewiand button and then press play, or you can stop the show and then play it again from the last played time.

I have tried to search the forum but can find no real answer

I have attached logs.
Hope some one cane help.

Thanks
Givendale:D

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'd suggest to remove AC3-Filter and use ffdshow for all audio related parts. Usually madlib works well for mp3 audio. You might want to disable its e-AC3 decoder if it is used for regular AC3 streams.

givendale

Portal Member
    June 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi RTV,

Your suggestion has fixed the issue. I only have two questions.

How do you disable its e-AC3 decoder and why would AC3 filter stuff up the audio but not ffdshow?

Sorry but my knowledge of codecs and their configuration is three fifths of nothing.

:D Givendale

Whoops, spoke too soon. I have tried the same thing with watching a movie, ripped from DVD, but found a different problem. I can skip forwards and fast forward but if I pause and then play the audio dissappears.

Logs attached.

:D Givendale

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom