No Audio From MKV Files (5 Viewers)

russ9898

Portal Member
May 25, 2008
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It varies a little from receiver to receiver. Are you trying to send sound from your HTCP to your receiver via hdmi and then hdmi out from the receiver to tv?

I'd personally try Direct Sound: AMD HDMI output (AMD High Definition Audio Device). You then need to go into Mediaportal configurations and set all your Audio options to use "LAV Codec" All being well you should get that good old DTS sound.

Picture quality on SAF6 is brilliant. Seems far superior to SAF4

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I believe in theory you should assign your output device as your default directsound output device (if you only have one output device). Go into Windows control panel (Hardware and Sounds\Sounds) from here you can test the various devices to see which one is used to connect to your receiver (highlight the device, right click and chose test). When you hear sound via your receiver thats the one thats connected.

You can either explicitly chose that one from within MePo, or set it as the default device (and set MePo to use the default directsound device).

Hope that helps...

J.

TeMorituri

Portal Member
    April 19, 2009
    Thanks guys
    With your help I have now succeeded in running sound from my HTPC to the Sony HT-IS10 to my Sony KDL40W4500.

I reinstalled SAF6 enabling pass through as russ9898 has done and used "default directsound output device"

When I simply selected "AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Defin" it gave me PCM 5.1 but NOT DTS/DD 5.1 ...dont ask me why..thats why i came to the forums :oops:

Sound with LAV Codec is bloody nice...for testing l used Iron Man 2 scene where Stark wants his "briefcase" armor so he can kick Whiplash's butt ...Oooh turn that sound up baby!

:Dall

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom