No audio in Live TV, IR Blaster is unreliable (1 Viewer)

scoot13

Portal Member
January 16, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2
MediaPortal Skin: default
Windows Version: Win7 Home Premium 64bit
CPU Type: AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-core
HDD: primary is 120G Patriot SATA II SSD, SATA 700G WD, 1.5TB WD MyBook External USB Drive
Memory: 4gb ddr2
Motherboard: ASUS
Video Card: nvidia GT440
Video Card Driver: latest
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HD-PVR
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Saf v6.0.8
MPEG2 Audio Codec: LAV
h.264 Video Codec: PDVD11
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Dish Network
Remote: MCE
TV: Vizio 44"
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI & SPDIF via Yamaha Receiver

I am pretty new to MediaPortal. I have been using it for a couple of months now. I installed the software on my desktop PC and ran HDMI & SPDIF cables through my wall to my living room TV. I've learned so much from this forum and I've been able to search threads and figure out my problems (eventually) as I encountered them.

I had MP installed and working (almost) perfectly on the above system but I was frustrated because the system took so long to boot. I ordered a 120G Patriot SSD to use as my primary drive. I did a fresh Win7 install on the new drive, installed MP using the same settings as I was using and got MP up and running in no time. However now, I have some ir blaster issues that I did not encounter the first time and I can't get by them...

- The remote will always start MP fine with the Green button but then sometimes it seems to lose focus. In the past, I only had to press the MENU button on the remote to restore focus but that no longer seems to work (consistently).

- Sometimes it does not lose focus but the only buttons that work are the arrow keys (skip).

- Other times, it seems like it is sending the codes but they aren't being translated effectively. When this is the case, a double or triple push on the button will get the code sent but this only is useful with something like an EXIT or MENU command, not much good for most commands.

..anyone seen any behavior like this and have any advice for straightening out my remote woes?

scoot13

Portal Member
January 16, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
oh yeah.... I forgot to mention that I have no audio when I watch live TV.

I can still boot from the old drive and it works fine with audio on live TV and the IR blaster works perfectly. I can't figure out what I am missing that keeps things from working on the SSD :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom