No audio on certain channels (1 Viewer)

gkovacsp

Portal Member
November 16, 2009
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Everything worked perfectly, until about a month ago the audio disappeared from great many channels.

If I switch on the TV, then there is no audio.
If I record the TV into .ts format and play it in MP, no audio.

If I play it with Windows Mediaplayer, then everything is perfect, audio works.

Maybe someone can understand these log files and help me, thanks in advance.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You should try to change your audio decoder for TV. -> MP Config -> Codecs and Renderer -> Tab TV Codecs
    Use another one then MPA.

gkovacsp

Portal Member
    November 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Yes, I've tried that.

If I try the Microsoft DTV-DVD filter, then some other channels will loose sound while the previous ones will work.

I've found the Terratec decoder to work for now, but as far as I remember I ditched that a few yearsd ago, due to not so sharp video quality. I'll see how it is now.

Thanks for the help and attention, Gabor

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I've tried that.

If I try the Microsoft DTV-DVD filter, then some other channels will loose sound while the previous ones will work.

I've found the Terratec decoder to work for now, but as far as I remember I ditched that a few yearsd ago, due to not so sharp video quality. I'll see how it is now.

Thanks for the help and attention, Gabor

You can also try to set your Audio Renderer to "Default DirectSound Device"!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If your Default Audio Device is HDMI there should be no problem. You can just try it. :)

gkovacsp

Portal Member
    November 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    If your Default Audio Device is HDMI there should be no problem. You can just try it. :)
    My PC acts as a desktop PC, family works on it every day while MP runs on it as well using the secondary monitor as a TV. So only the TV Sound must go there.

I don't think it is the renderer, because then all of the channels would be silent, not just part of them.

Thanks,
    Gabor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom