Windows Version: WinXP Pro SP2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 2500+
Memory: 512mb GIEL DDR (Dual Channel)
Motherboard ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
Video Card: ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 8500DV
Video Card Driver: Latest
Video Card Resolution: 800x600
Video Render Type: Overlay
Video Codec Type & Version: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder (tried all of them)
Audio Codec Type & Version: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder (tried all of them)
TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-150-MCE
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: Latest
Optional Log: http://cdupload.com/files/758/MediaPortal.log.doc

Synopsis: Enter the details of your problem here
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, man this software is awsome! i got everything setup, my remote, TVGuide, etc, everything is working just great... exept...

Well, i dont get audio on some of the lower channels, like 14-22, i get video just no audio. I am using Analog cable, and my channels are set up using MHZ. My cable company is Cox and im in Virginia Beach VA if any of that matters.

Also i am using a PVR-150-MCE, and i get audio just fine on these channels with the Hauppauge software, so its a Media Portal Specific problem.

Anyways, ive tried messing with all the settings, even tried going up and down the MHZ range a few increments, still a nogo. Can i please get some suggestions on what to do? These channels are like the best ones, i cant live without them! i would hate to have to ditch Media Portal because audio on a few channels doesnt work :(

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    I had a quick sweep over the log and the only thing I could see was ffdshow was being used. A lot of people use it but Ive never had anything but problems, can you turn it off and try again. Also if it still happens, can you get a clean log with just a channel were the sound doesnt work.

leatherwood

Portal Member
    November 1, 2005
    Callifo said:
    I had a quick sweep over the log and the only thing I could see was ffdshow was being used. A lot of people use it but Ive never had anything but problems, can you turn it off and try again. Also if it still happens, can you get a clean log with just a channel were the sound doesnt work.

Thanks for your help, i really do appriciate it. I hope to become a regular member of these forums, and help other liike you help me.

Anyways, here is the new log: http://cdupload.com/files/758/MediaPortal2.log.doc

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    There is no errors in there either. Ive got this card as well and havent had any problems. I looked up the driver version your using and it seems to be a newer beta (Think Ive got the same). I looked it up though and found this

http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=9008.0

This beta driver has had extremely limited testing but they wanted to get it out for people to evaluate regarding the issue of No Audio on some tuner channels on a limited number of hardware models.
    Please note that it is a PRE-RELEASE driver.

leatherwood

Portal Member
    November 1, 2005
    Callifo said:
    There is no errors in there either. Ive got this card as well and havent had any problems. I looked up the driver version your using and it seems to be a newer beta (Think Ive got the same). I looked it up though and found this

http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=9008.0

This beta driver has had extremely limited testing but they wanted to get it out for people to evaluate regarding the issue of No Audio on some tuner channels on a limited number of hardware models.
    Please note that it is a PRE-RELEASE driver.

lol, thats exactly my problem... what do you think i should do tho? Those drivers are supposed to fix my exact problem, but i am already running them. Maybe i will play around with driver versions and see what happens.

Or notice how it says "limited number of hardware models"... maybe i should take the card back and see if i can get a different model?

leatherwood

Portal Member
    November 1, 2005
    Callifo said:
    According to your log yours isnt the same as the one in that thread. The last 2 digits in the version number are different.

w00t. i love you. It worked, now i have the coolest TV in the house. ;)

Now i am to become a "regular" on these boards and see if i can become as productive as you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom