No Audio / Static (1 Viewer)

blocka

August 1, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi

I'm a WMC refugee and have come across MP and want to test it before I commit to windows 10.

I've set it up and when I play videos, MKV, MP4, doesn't really seem to matter all I get is static or when I change the configuration in video settings, no audio at all. Because I'm a newb I've got no idea how to fix this.

I'd really like some help if I can...

Thanks.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello and welcome,

It is a bit difficult to diagnose your problem. Ideally you would provide logs in debug mode. If you are using MP1, you may want to run the Watcdog tool, for which an icon can be found on the desktop. Before doing so, please run the configuration again and verify that the reporting level is set to "Debug". Also please don't forget to tick "Show System Specs" or will need not be able to see your entries.

Generally speaking, static, hissing, etc. are often due to the wrong audio device being used, but i could also be an issue wwith the codec setup. Again, we can only guess without logs, but you should try the standard Direct Sound Device in the configuration rather than any hardware specific profile.

Regards,
    HTPCSourcer

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I built a new client and started having this issue.
    quick fix was to turn the HDMI TV off and back on... hiss gone
    Figured out the order of boot / power on also fixed mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom