No Capture Filters listed in GraphEdit (1 Viewer)

danielsmithsd

Portal Member
June 3, 2006
San Diego, CA
I have an AverMedia CardBus MCE. Latest drivers.... although I'm not confident that their drivers are complete and/or working. Seems sketchy to me. Either way, I'm trying to follow the directions to add support for your TV card and when adding the BDA Receiver Component and BDA Source Filter.... there isn't anything listed under BDA Source Filters. I'm assuming this is provided by the manufacturer and I'm guess that because it's a tuner, I can't rip it off from another AverMedia capture card.

Any Ideas?

danielsmithsd

Portal Member
June 3, 2006
San Diego, CA
Maybe some more info?

So I've been reading more about this. I think I read somewhere that if there aren't any BDA Capture Filters that the card can't be supported. Is this the case? Also, does anyone know why there wouldn't be capture filters?

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

You only need BDA drivers for DVB type tvcards, for example for digital satellite, cable or terrestrial TV. For analog type cards - like yours - MP works with the WDM drivers. So, the capture filter for your card is likely to be found elsewhere in the GraphEdit filter selector.

Kind regards,
    Michel

danielsmithsd

Portal Member
    June 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I'm confused

The card supports cable tv. Or is supposed to. I can hook my cable up to it and the card will register all ~75 channels that are available via my provider. Am I missing something?

Is there a definition of DVB and BDA and cable vs. satellite and all that somewhere?

danielsmithsd

Portal Member
    June 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    ok, ok, ok.

I think I get it. DVB is Digital Video Broadcasting, so if I'm trying to use Digital Cable, then I need BDA drivers to support that. BUT, if I'm using standard analog cable, then the WDM drivers are sufficient.

Now the question is, is there a tutorial on adding support for analog TV cards?

Thanks for the help, folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom