No Channels Found in TV Server (1 Viewer)

whiteyw80

Portal Member
February 5, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is my first time setting up MP. I followed all the directions and configurations, however, when I scan for channels I get "Nothing Found" from every channel. I have perfect signal level and quality, just no channels. Could this be due to decoders/encoders? Thanks

3.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR3
320GB 7200 HD
Video Card: Nvidia Quadro 3700
TV Card: Hauppauge Collosus with input coming from Comcast digital STB

Caminante

Portal Pro
April 22, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
is MySql- Service is Running?? (Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts)
You have connections Problem to the MysqlServer

whiteyw80

Portal Member
February 5, 2013
Home Country
Ahhh. I thought I remember reading in the instructions that I would be prompted to enter a DB password during the installation, but I never did. I know its MediaPortal by default, but shouldn't I have been prompted to configure the mysql DB during the installation process? I will work on this as soon as I get home, and update. Thanks for your help.

whiteyw80

Portal Member
February 5, 2013
Home Country
Ok. So I came home and decided to uninstall everything and start from scratch. I unistalled MP, the DB, etc. Deleted the MYSQL directory in program files, searched for registry entries that contained MYSQL and deleted and cleaned PC up with CCleaner. Restarted and attempted to reinstall. I got an "set password error 1". Did another cleanup/uninstall and got the same error message. I decided to use the Microsoft SQL Server because of this, however, that install option was greyed out, and the link to click for more info led to a error 404 page. Besides reformatting and reinstalling Win7, I have no idea how to proceed here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tsaukpaetra

Portal Member
February 18, 2013
Home Country
Yeah sorry, it seems this community is kinda quiet. I'm having my own issues and not one person spoke up. ;) No worries though, hopefully someone will be able to help.
MySQL is the recommended database engine afaik, did you make sure to uninstall MySQL before attempting to reinstall MediaPortal? If you tried to remove MySQL manually (it appears so, you mention removing references to MySQL using the registry; this is a bad idea for more reasons than I can tell you), there might still be stuff left over.
I would recommend that you try installing MySQL Manually (installer is in the deploy folder that the MediaPortal Installer runs from, may be in your Temp directory) and see if having it preinstalled will help.
Good luck!

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
yes, try to install MySQL manually, and after that install MP TVServer+Client part - it will ask you to configure existing DB Server, and test connection.

whiteyw80

Portal Member
February 5, 2013
Home Country
Thanks for the responses guys. I will try your recommendations as soon as I get home. Regarding how I uninstalled MYSQL, I removed it using the Windows control panel, then used the other methods to try to clean remaining items lingering around the OS to see if that was the issue.

Thanks again for suggestions. I'll respond with update tonight.

whiteyw80

Portal Member
February 5, 2013
Home Country
I've completely reinstalled windows 7 64-bit. I ditched the Hauppauge and went with the Hdhomerun Prime. Everything is working fine with the hdhomerun in Windows Media Center, but when I try to scan for channels in MP, I don't get a signal. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom