1.11.0 No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it (1 Viewer)

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
August 12, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Will it completly impossible to upgrade to the latest version of Live555? Maybe it is already fixed there after so many years. I saw that they removed all those exit() calls.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Snoopy87
    Sorry for the long delay in replying.

Maybe it is already fixed there after so many years. I saw that they removed all those exit() calls.
    Actually it's not much better. :(
    Instead of directly calling exit() they call envir().internalError().
    Default implementation for that is:
    Code:
    void UsageEnvironment::internalError() {
      abort();
    }

...and from MSDN:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k089yyh0.aspx
    abort does not return control to the calling process. By default, it checks for an abort signal handler and raises SIGABRT if one is set. Then abort terminates the current process and returns an exit code to the parent process.

Will it completly impossible to upgrade to the latest version of Live555?
    It's difficult, but not completely impossible.
    I started work on the task last week. So far I've updated MPFileWriter, streaming server and TsReader. After that I still have to do the IPTV RTSP plugin (which is the hardest part). Currently we're testing for bugs internally. Would you like to test the new streaming server?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Damns you're fast mm!
    I just wanted to uplaoded it, too :D And while I was writing ther was notification on my phone^^

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ahhh, it's because I'm working on the code at the moment, and I have the "live posts" open in my browser. ;) :D
    Nice!!
    Do you need more testing on the current code? Tomorrow is my last exam and I plan to update my testmachine and start coding again (beginning tomorrow) :p

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not immediately. I think I've finally figured out the cause of the crashes with the modified TsReader. I'm working on patching the code now, and planning to post an updated version in a few hours (if my local testing is good). I've also finished the IPTV RTSP filter modifications, and I will post that at the same time as I post the updated TsReader.

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks mm! :) I have to set up a test machine, etc. to reproduce the scenario, so it will be take ca. 1 week to give you feedback :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom