[fixed] No connection to TV Server (1 Viewer)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I am just setting up a new client, I had the no connection to TV Server problem detailed in this thread and used the replacement tvplugin.dll which seemed to fix the problem apart from - tv recordings that are on the TV Server are not showing up on the client.

I have attached the log that seems the most relevant - let me know if you need any others.

So, a bit more info - TV Server is running Windows 7 32 bit + MediaPortal 1.3.0 beta.

The new client is also running Windows 7 32 bit + MediaPortal 1.3.0 beta.

On initial set-up the client would not connect to the TV Server at all. I replaced the tvplugin.dll on the client with the new one on this thread, rebooted both machines and they connected. On the client I now have TV Guide, I can watch live TV (although it's a bit slow to start up) and I can see all my scheduled TV. But when I go to the page to see my recorded TV - it is blank.

lisa

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I am just setting up a new client, I had the no connection to TV Server problem detailed in this thread and used the replacement tvplugin.dll which seemed to fix the problem apart from - tv recordings that are on the TV Server are not showing up on the client.

I have attached the log that seems the most relevant - let me know if you need any others.

So, a bit more info - TV Server is running Windows 7 32 bit + MediaPortal 1.3.0 beta.

The new client is also running Windows 7 32 bit + MediaPortal 1.3.0 beta.

On initial set-up the client would not connect to the TV Server at all. I replaced the tvplugin.dll on the client with the new one on this thread, rebooted both machines and they connected. On the client I now have TV Guide, I can watch live TV (although it's a bit slow to start up) and I can see all my scheduled TV. But when I go to the page to see my recorded TV - it is blank.

lisa

I don't know this part a lot but maybe you need to re-import your recordings first?
    Anyone? :)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    The TV plugin from this thread fixes a problem with the EPG. It doesn't fix a problem with connection strings.

Can you see the recordings in MP running on the server itself? If not, the Holzi is right! If you can, then there is a problem but I think that is unlikely since you can watch TV.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Okay - this is odd (to me anyway).

The recordings are definitely in the database as other clients in the house can see them okay. The only difference between these clients and the new one, is the tvplugin.dll from this thread. So, I replaced it with the original tvplugin.dll and bingo, the recordings are there!

So, for me, what happened was the replacement tvplugin.dll helped the client connect to the TV Server, but prevented it from seeing the tv recordings. Reverting back to the original tvplugin.dll bought the recordings back, and maintained the connection.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Okay - this is odd (to me anyway).

The recordings are definitely in the database as other clients in the house can see them okay. The only difference between these clients and the new one, is the tvplugin.dll from this thread. So, I replaced it with the original tvplugin.dll and bingo, the recordings are there!

So, for me, what happened was the replacement tvplugin.dll helped the client connect to the TV Server, but prevented it from seeing the tv recordings. Reverting back to the original tvplugin.dll bought the recordings back, and maintained the connection.

Very odd indeed. There is only one small fix in that TV plugin, and it has nothing at all to do with connections or recordings. Since the fix is now in master, we may need to do more testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom